Thread: How to pull reports from Hitachi based on tier usage with HDvM 7.1 CLI

How to pull reports from Hitachi based on tier usage with HDvM 7.1 CLI

Hello friends, I am having a large virtualized environment which is having the AMS boxes virtualized behind VSP and wanted to use the CLI for automation so that it can pull reports based on tier usage. So before using it, I wanted to know does anyone has used the DvM CLI or knows how to pull up easily with the help of CLI? So please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: How to pull reports from Hitachi based on tier usage with HDvM 7.1 CLI

I think you meant to say that to get the AMS drives which are been present from the VSP. If you are able to view the data with the help of HDvM GUI then that data will be available through CLI. You just need to parse the huge amounts of data which is been available when you have updated the storage array. When I was having the HSSM from version 4 to 6, then that time it use to get confuse with the internal and external drives and it was counted double. But it was having the real database that you could do queries with.

I would say that you can get some of the tiered pool information from the CLI itself. So you check you it out, there is instance of a pooltier, which is not having much information and the information which you might be finding will be not there. But you still check the CLI reference guide.

I wanted to have the some CLI commands using HDvM CLI, which are able to pull up information for the raw capacity for both (external and internal) Even I am trying to work on GetStorageArray command to check that whether it is pulling up the required information or not.

Quote Originally Posted by AUGUSTYNA View Post
    I wanted to have the some CLI commands using HDvM CLI, which are able to pull up information for the raw capacity for both (external and internal) Even I am trying to work on GetStorageArray command to check that whether it is pulling up the required information or not.
    If you are looking for that then to check out the HCS CLI reference manual and you will be able to locate the required instances/metrics which you were searching for. So better check it.