Thread: How to stop shadowimage re-sync on Hitachi hard drive

How to stop shadowimage re-sync on Hitachi hard drive

Hello friends, I wanted to know that how to stop a re-sync with immediate effect, I was thinking that it can be done a split which would be the trick. Also wanted to know if the re-sync is been stopped then it will put things back on track which the problem were occur by it? So what you people have to say about it, please tell me. Thank you.

re: How to stop shadowimage re-sync on Hitachi hard drive

What I know is that with a TrueCOPY you can do the split and stop it and also it gets it back whenever you wanted with a re-sync. I am saying it because I have done this thing. Even I was during the ShadowImage recently then it has added the PAIRS in an odd state of PSUS and COPY and it will not release the Secondary unit until and unless it gets over with it. I was not having so much time so I have done the pairsplit –S which has broke it to SMPL and also started the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Woodley View Post
    What I know is that with a TrueCOPY you can do the split and stop it and also it gets it back whenever you wanted with a re-sync. I am saying it because I have done this thing. Even I was during the ShadowImage recently then it has added the PAIRS in an odd state of PSUS and COPY and it will not release the Secondary unit until and unless it gets over with it. I was not having so much time so I have done the pairsplit –S which has broke it to SMPL and also started the backup.
    Even I was tried to do the same method, but I was not sure that how to split a PAIR which is been there in re-sync mode. So can anyone tell about it?

Where the split should have stop it, might be not be right but you should remember that it is a-sync process, where the S-VOL will be send to the PSUE if it not been in COPY state during the time of split. I would suggest you one thing that you slowly copy pace right down which will be decrease the impact which is caused by replication.

I was having a re-sync going on, the priority of it was low, and with the base of data transfer rate it was taking time to complete it. So during that time I have done the splitting of pair and used P-Vol to start another SI configuration with a different S-Vol.