Thread: A Hardware to get data from clicking HDD?

A Hardware to get data from clicking HDD?

My Hard drive s started clicking yesterday and i am afraid about huge amount of data stored inside this. There are lots of data stored in the HDD. I heard that there are some devices like HD doctor or data copy king from salvation data, which will helps us to get data of a clicking hard drive. Does anyone use those devices? How they will retrieve data of the HDD?

Re: A Hardware to get data from clicking HDD?

I know about Salvation data products and there are different verities of Data recover device. HD doctor is a data recovery kit which includes several components like adapter, convertor and converter, which will help you to connect the HDD to different source and copy or move data to different one.

The data copy king is a hardware which looks like a small briefcase. It has several functionalities. You can directly copy the HDD to different one just connecting to it. For more information visit their product site.

If the HDD is clicking, then you need to know why it is clicking. If you have a good HDD Diagnosis tool, run it and see what you can get. After that you can use any recovery software in order to recover the data from the HDD.

When I noticed that my computer’s HDD is clicking, I tired the Freezer trick on an IBM 60GB HDD as told somewhere in the forum. I had installed the Windows XP on it with NTFS formatted. It was actually 2 yrs old. I tried to put it in some other pc but didn’t read all the files. So freezer trick didn’t work for me. Then I tired the Ontrack Easy Recovery Professional and it was able to retrieve quite a bit of data. One way or another sometimes the defective firmware can also produce the clicking sound. So it is always recommended for you to use the professional data recovery diagnose the HDD. Do not Diagnose wrong click since it can result into unrecoverable Data

I also tried freezing trick. At first I thought that it worked but after it warmed up it clicked again. By the use of external adapter, you can retrieve the data to some other computer easily. Hard disk will click continuously Depending on type of problem. Sometimes HDD click at interval and some rapidly. Some issues related to the bad sector read and some related to bad read/write heads