Thread: I lost my partition on Hitachi HDT721010SLA360

I lost my partition on Hitachi HDT721010SLA360

Hey i have Hitachi HDT721010SLA360 external hard disk and is connected to windows 7 system. Now it is showing no partition on it and windows is asking me to create new partition on it! It is showing my hard drive as of only 33 mb whereas it is of 1 TB. I have tried using the partition creating tool “Partition Find and Mount” but it failed to do so. When i used the HDD capacity restore it showed only 33 mb so i have not restored it. I have used GetDataBack NTFS, but after running it, it also shows the only 33 mb only! When i click on the disk it shows 936 mb of partition but there are no files on my drive. Can you tell me why this has happened to my hard disk? Will HDD capacity restore solve my problem?

Re: I lost my partition on Hitachi HDT721010SLA360

This can be the power problem on your hard disk! Improper power supply may be causing this problem. You need to repair the disk from good technician, it will be done at very low cost. Do not make any experiment on the disk or you will lose the data from your disk. You should take advise from professional and do as he says. He may be having easiest way of recovering your data with proper available facilities.

As it is showing total size of only 33 MB it may be the problem with your firmware of the disk. It may have got corrupted while using it. Use the MHDD to see if there are any errors in your hard disk. I remember the problem with Seagate LBA 0. You may be having same problem with your disk. I think GetDataBack NTFS is able to read only 936 mb of your disk partition but your drive is not allowing to read more than 3 mb. I think only 32 mb of your drive is readable.

I think i know this problem! Are you using Gigabyte motherboard with Xpress Recovery BIOS? If yes then your BIOS has created this problem by registering its own copy to part of HPA on your drive! You are shown only 33 mb because BIOS has bug that sets the drive’s storage capacity by itself. 1TB of drive is shown as a 33 mb , 1.5 TB is shown as 500 GB and 2TB is shown as 1 TB. Try using the HDAT2 and hard disk Capacity Restore Tool to solve this problem. This software removes the HPA from your drive.

Actually i have Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI motherboard though i don’t the version of the BIOS. Why my motherboard has never given this problem before, i have been using this motherboard for 5 to 6 months. I have another hard disk connected on my same motherboard, can it also suffer from same problem? Is this occurred due to the BIOS update? If i successfully remove the HPA will i be able to recover all the data from my hard disk?