Thread: How to use HP t5325 Thin Clients with Session Broker

How to use HP t5325 Thin Clients with Session Broker

Is it possible to use this thin terminal with session broker on 2008 R2 terminal servers? I am getting double logon. First to connect to the terminal server and then redirected to another using session broker. At first time it will authenticate once but the second time it will authenticate twice. I have installed the latest firmware and they are running RDesktop 1.6x. Remote desktop client connect fine without double login on Windows XP and Windows 7. I have seen the same issue with T5520's.

Re: How to use HP t5325 Thin Clients with Session Broker

It seems to me that you are getting very serious and unique issue and no one come across the solution yet there. This is because it is very hard and tricky to find solution in those environments. Did you try installing the latest HP Thin Connect software? I hope that you are using the latest version of RDesktop.

By seeing your post I can simply assume that the problem has nothing to do with the NLB / Session broker because I can get it work from Windows XP/7. In my case I have the latest RDP client (6.1). By using the credential manager in the RDP, I am able to directly log on and no issue. The connection redirects but it won’t ask again to login. So I can tell that it is something with the RDesktop version, the way it handles credentials in Thin Clients. I don’t have any other solution yet.

As far as I know that the Rdesktop does not have the support of session broker and NLB. The HP has to do something. Either they need to fix the issue otherwise bring a new version of the image with FreeRDP so that it can work properly on Windows Server 2008 with session broker and NLB.

The Microsoft technical support tells that it is the permission issue on the RD session host server. I don’t know what that is but on the technical support, they have briefly explained about this. I took a look there but I didn’t understand a thing there since me ain’t no professional. You should consider looking around there. I hope you will understand what it might be.