Thread: FTP errors showing on HP Device Manager 4.1

FTP errors showing on HP Device Manager 4.1

I am using HP thin clients in mu office environment. I have installed HP device manager on the server in order to manage centralized administration of thin clients which is working on HP software. Now I am getting some kind of error randomly. This happens when Clients are imaging via the HPDM. When tasks occurring like copying files from to the thin client, it is fails and shows error in HPDM
    Failed to execute filecopy task
    ErrorCode: 14031012
    Error Detail: failed to login.

It the error details also telling me that FTP access to the local repository is not identified. To solve it, you need to reboot the client and reapply the image sequence. Does anyone know about this?

Re: FTP errors showing on HP Device Manager 4.1

I think that the problem is with the anonymous account. First of see whether the problem is happening when you login using the real account rather than anonymous account?

Can you tell me what kind of FTP server you are using?

Right now there is new version of HP Device Manager V4.2.2 is available to download. You can download it from the HP Thin Client Support Website.

I am also trying to clone the image on a HP t5730 thin client. There is not problem and everything working fine. The Client can reboot and connects to the FTP server. Whenever the HP image utility gets to 99%, there is an error stating "unable to login". If I go into the HP device manager and look into Task list, I can see error 203. I know that I am logged in using real account and the credentials are created with full rights on the FTP server. Does anyone else experiencing the issue?

Have you tried the HP Management Console? As I know that it is the UI of HP Device Manager. By the use of this console you are able to view and analyze the details for each controlled thin clients, organize device trees. You can also create and maintain remote job definitions. This is a complete monitoring tool which will help you to monitor everything.

As I think that it is the problem with the FTP server. When I got the same issue I solved it using the FileZilla. I didn’t use the Win2K8 R2 SFTP. Due to the broken protocol you are getting error during the communication. Check the implementation of protocol once again on both sides. But if you are in a hurry, use FileZilla because it works.