Thread: Logitech Alert security systems damaging Micro SD cards

Logitech Alert security systems damaging Micro SD cards

So far I have used 4 Logitech later systems and all of them caused constant problems with SD card. The micro SD cards get damaged on different moments. So for that reason I have unplugged all cameras and reset them. Formatted the card and some got replacement from Logitech. Right now I have configured only 2 cameras and one of them does not have Sd card and other’s one is damaged right after starting. So there is no recording now. The software also tells nothing about whether cameras are recording or not. Any solution for your side?

Re: Logitech Alert security systems damaging Micro SD cards

I am also suffering from the same problem and don’t know what to do with these cameras now. In my case it happens with only two out of three cameras and it is very annoying. They won’t record at all. I wished that Logitech could have given an option to bypass the SD card when it is not working or damaged and download the recordings directly to the computer’s HDD. At lease it would be safe when SD card gone dead and no source for recordings.

Logitech recently released notes which contain 3 SD card fixes.
    • The first error has been Fixed where camera might fail after microSD card stopped working or includes IO (input/output) errors.
    • Errors occurring during the reformat of microSD card from PC Commander Interface have been corrected.
    • Got a Updated NTFS driver in order to fix potential microSD card formatting errors.

It seems to me that problem with recording images to the SD card. So for that you need to make motion zones and put down the sensitivity a bit. The problem is that the camera does not able to record or download lot of motion properly to the SD card and due to this you are getting bad memory. Or you can also set the motion sensitivity to 0 within PC Commander Interface so that it can download videos daily

Have you installed the security camera indoor or outdoor? It seems to me that you have installed the cameras outdoor and they get too hot causing kills the card. Don’t put the camera under sun. It will cause damage to entire camera. Also try to update the firmware. Once I had the problem I did the same then everything was fine.