Thread: Logitech G700 Mouse greeted with v5.46 Setpoint software

Logitech G700 Mouse greeted with v5.46 Setpoint software

I am a big fan of gaming mouse and for that purpose I have bought the G700 gaming mouse. So for this product I have downloaded the latest 6.32 Setpoint software but the when I try to configure the setting , it is still greeted with old ve5.46 Setpoint software. My friend is using Logitech M505 and he can use the newer version. If I try upgrade directly from the software, it tells me that there is no update. Is it possible to remove the SetPoint completely and replace it with the new one?

Re: Logitech G700 Mouse greeted with v5.46 Setpoint software

It is just a normal issue with the SetPoint software and you don’t need to worry about that much because the Logitech already had workaround for this. The solution is you have to install the Setpoint software in clean boot mode. Actually Booting clean means eliminating the programs which are conflicting with SetPoint software or the installation wizard. If you are getting any problem with any Logitech products, software or drivers, then you must follow the clean boot method and try again.

If you were using any different gaming mouse other than Logitech one then you has to remove the trace of those old software and drivers first. Then you can install the newer version easily but make sure that your downloaded file or software version is compatible with the version and service pack of Windows OS. Difference in 64bit and 32 bit drivers should be noticed and they are different from each other.

Make sure that what you have downloaded. Continue reading the Documentation of Setpoint software and see what it suggests. You can find answer within the info file which is available where you have downloaded the driver. I think either the driver is broken or not compatible with G700 and due to this the software will not able to recognize the device since it is previously configured with old ve5.46 Setpoint software.

If you are using the Windows OS, I hope that you know how to use and check into the Windows device manager. There check on which USB port you have installed this gaming mouse. If possible note down the version of driver and details. Compare it with the newer drivers which you have downloaded. If they are not similar then, the drivers still not updated yet. So remove the drivers directly using device manager and restart the system. Now the system will prompt as new device found and install driver CD. Choose new drivers where you have stored and continue with installation and also with Setpoint software.