Thread: Is TRIM firmware is implemented in 128 GB Samsung SSD?

Is TRIM firmware is implemented in 128 GB Samsung SSD?

Recently I have bought the new Lenovo T410S, along with this I have got 128 GB Samsung SSD. One of my friends is talking about the TRIM Firmware has not been there implement on the drive’s firmware. But however I have seen that there is TRIM on the Crucial and on Intel SSD’s. So is it true that the TRIM is present there on the drives of Lenovo or Samsung. Or there are some alternate feature is present on the drives. If you guy have any information or any suggestion then please let me know. Your reply will be thanks.

Re: Is TRIM firmware is implemented in 128 GB Samsung SSD?

The thing that I have seen on the official site of Samsung SSD is that, the Samsung has released a firmware update is providing the TRIM for the Drives. And also there may be the chances that Lenovo will release firmware TRIM. But however If the drives don’t have the TRIM Supports then for wiping there must need to make use of secure erase facility which leads to wipe the whole drives.

According to my information I have not seen TRIM, but however in the last Firmware update there include the secure erase option in BIOS which used for returns SSD performance back. In order to backup whole system Lenovo Rescue & Recovery can be used. And do secure erase in BIOS will erase the whole data completely from SSD.

There are lots of features available there in the latest Firmware, the secure erase from BIOS has better performance effect. But still there are no TRIM support is available in the firmware of Samsung SSD.