Thread: Lenovo SL500 shutdown due to overheating of Video Card

Lenovo SL500 shutdown due to overheating of Video Card

I am the long term user of Lenovo SL500 Laptops, there are best of the features present in Lenovo Laptops. But however from the last two days I am facing some of the issue with my Lenovo Laptop, that whenever I am trying to play any games or trying to play any media file the Graphic cards of my Laptop get heated and Laptop automatically shutdown. I have tried several tricks to overcome this issue but however still I am facing these problems. I am very annoying with this issue, so if you have any ideas about this issue or how to overcome this situation then please let me know.

Re: Lenovo SL500 shutdown due to overheating of Video Card

I think this is due to some of the dust over there on cooler section, so try to open the cooler section and clean that particular dust present on the cooler section and other parts of Laptop. Because of this dust only may be the cooler fan is not working properly which leads to overheating of your Video cards and System automatically shutdown.

There are some application and program, available which can be used for determining the temperature of your system. HWMonitor is one of such app which you can make use to see your system temperature, if the temperature of your System is not normal then take off the Keyboard and try to clean the Fan. the better is to make reinstallation of the fan if possible.

See whether the fan present on system processor is working properly or not, and make sure that the Fan is not be malfunctioning or stop working. And this may be also due to overclocking of your CPU beyond the limitation. So make the verification for this thing and also make sure that you have to make use of the updated driver which is supported by your Video Card.