Thread: Logitech C600 Webcam is in use by another Windows XP application

Logitech C600 Webcam is in use by another Windows XP application

It is just a Brand new webcam and I have installed it on Windows XP Pro SP3 with fresh drivers. While installing the webcam, the image did not appear during the test. The issue was resolved after uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. But now the problem is some application will not able to access the webcam. When I try to open, it says that some other application already using webcam.

Re: Logitech C600 Webcam is in use by another Windows XP application

First of all make sure that there are no other Video Applications running in the background. If any other webcam app or video app running and then camera driver might be busy and use by that app. Other App like yahoo messenger or Windows Movie Maker. You must exit those app before starting the Logitech webcam software.

Before starting the diagnostics, I urge you to install the latest version of DirectX. This would be help you to resolve any video related issue. If this didn’t fix your problem, then launch the Windows Task manager using CTRL, ALT and DEL keys simultaneously and look for LVCOMS.EXE process under processes TAB. It is running; End the task by choosing the process and right away clicking End Task button.

I think that that the issue is completely different here and it is not about other applications instead the problem appearing due to the Logitech software itself. You might have turned on Recording. To check it launch the QuickCam software and check the video record button. If the Cam is recording, disable it and stop the streaming. No launch the program such as Skype, AIM, Yahoo! or Live Messenger and you will not notice any kind of sharing issue now.

It seems like sharing issue with your Logitech software or webcam. I thought that the Webcam is capable to share with other applications simultaneously. But here the case is different and I don’t know what would be the reason for this limitation. May be I should contact the Logitech technical support team.