Thread: HDP volume is getting generated in different size on its own

HDP volume is getting generated in different size on its own

I have been trying to replicate two USPV's but then the pair creating command failed as there was a difference in the size of the USPV's, I then checked out the size of both DP volumes and found that one was having 425984 MB where as the other was having 425984.06 but then I am very sure that I had created the DP vol as 425984, I don’t know how come it got changed to 425984.06MB, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea for resolving the issue?

Re: HDP volume is getting generated in different size on its own

I have been trying to replicate two USPV's but then the pair creating command failed as there was a difference in the size of the USPV's, I then checked out the size of both DP volumes and found that one was having 425984 MB where as the other was having 425984.06 but then I am very sure that I had created the DP vol as 425984, I don’t know how come it got changed to 425984.06MB, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea for resolving the issue?
    You won’t be able to perform the replication till the block size for each device is exactly the same, here the process is not concerned with the size in MB or Cylinders but then they should have the same size, I will suggest you to better create a V-VOL of size 425984MB again and see if it is helping or not. Just try it out and then let me know if you have any further issues.

I have already tried doing that, I mean that I have tried creating a V-VOL of size 425984MB for a no of times but then after it gets created then the size appears to be 425984.06MB, anyways I just wanted to know that how should I check out the size of each device and make sure that they are same?? I mean that the size of V-VOL is in MB's rather than in block as you have mentioned. Correct me if I am wrong?

In such cases you should better create V-VOL with the block size as qualifier rather than in MB’s as qualifier and I am saying so because different PDEV layouts mostly varies at the block level if MB is used as qualifier, in order to check out the same just go in to Navigator>VLL and after that make sure that the volume is in Blocks and after that go in to HDvM and again make sure that the size of the volume is in Blocks, after changing these two options just Create volumes with block size, just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference.