Thread: How to configure Shadow Image on Hitachi Drives

How to configure Shadow Image on Hitachi Drives

There is an already Shadow Image configure working fine with horcm0 and horcm1 files configured. Right now I have installed new set of LUNs. Now these new sets need to be configured with SI. I need some answers for following queries:
    • Is it required to create new set of horcm files like horcm2 and horcm3 or a new group within existing files and then add LDEV info to the newly created group?
    • If I will create new horcm2 as well as horcm3 files, where should i save these files?
    • Is it necessary to map the SVOL's to a host group on the array in order to work SI?

The configuration I am talking here is for AMS2x00 array.

Re: How to configure Shadow Image on Hitachi Drives

I am thinking about going to the first option where I should I add entries in the existing files. It may provide you more flexibility. You can easily set the LUNs to an existing CG otherwise you can manage them individually by creating a new or another group over same existing files. The second question you have asked about placing the horcm config files. You should place them in %WINDIR% which is actually c:\windows. Host group is required for this.

Re: How to configure Shadow Image on Hitachi Drives

In my case I had tried both options 1 and 2 on a test server. If you are looking for more flexibility, you can go for option 1. For the first time I edited the horcm files. I have created a new group for the new LDEV's within the horcm files. Also made the entries under HORCM_LDEV. After restarted everything worked fine.