Thread: How to set up and connect Home Theater to recorded TV programs on laptop

How to set up and connect Home Theater to recorded TV programs on laptop

Think of me as totally new in this. I have the Acer laptop without the TV tuner card . so I am connected to the DVR that I use to record the movies and TV programs. My DVD player is Visio DVD player and Sanyo HD TV is ther any way that I can directly record all the program to the laptop . I have the Windows Media Center on the laptop that as recording capabilities. So pleas anyone here who anything on this can help me , I would be really be glad to know

Thanks in advance

re: How to set up and connect Home Theater to recorded TV programs on laptop

Get a mixer to handle both all you need to do is Separating video from audio. I got this from the flea market. But you need to clean the switches each year . it is really great stuff . its works on the RF buss, and contain the analog 640 by 480 limits, HDMI can handle the 1080p standard with the HD starting with the 720 resolution.

See if the DVR has any software for the computers, then you can transfer the recordings to it. I have one tivo which does exactly the same thing however it is kind of slow only 100mbps also its applying DRM to the files with it's anemic CPU and because of the DRM I need the software installed to play them

I think it is not possible with the DVR. but you can use the recording to time shift but for storing the files you might have to pay the copyright holder by buying the finally a DVD. Get the DVR that has the large enough file that can keep something on it for long period of time .such DVR has a option of recording with a Do Not Erase flag. I have the Dish Network DVR which I can plug on to the external hard drive and transfer the programs to that although it can only able to play trough the DVR player

Its look as if it is kind of possible although that might involve playing back the display from the DVR and also the recording see trough the like the S-Video or RCA jacks. It can be recording on to the pc trough the video capture card or in DVD recorder which can then ripping the DVD on the computer. But this all is the time consuming process. It will take an hour long for the hour long program you cant just copy paste and also you won’t get the HD quality trough it