Thread: While running fast my Canon Printer uses colored ink

question While running fast my Canon Printer uses colored ink

My Printer is of Canon Company and it makes the use of the black ink and it also has the black pigment tanks which are of the separate colors. But I don’t know the reason why my printer has started printing the colored ink when it is orienting in fast. Could anyone tell me why is this happening to my printer? Is there anyone with similar problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

idea Re: While running fast my Canon Printer uses colored ink

I probably think that your Canon Printer would cost you more because it is showing the sign to repair it. I also doubt that it would be some problem with the management of the icm colors in the printer which is causing the printer to print the colored ink instead of the black and white color.

question Re: While running fast my Canon Printer uses colored ink

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Woodley View Post
    I probably think that your Canon Printer would cost you more because it is showing the sign to repair it. I also doubt that it would be some problem with the management of the icm colors in the printer which is causing the printer to print the colored ink instead of the black and white color.
    I have also tried with the replacing of the old dry colors with the new black ink and the pigment but the problem is that I am not able to see the black or the grayscale and its printing the colored ink. I also think that this might be the issue of the management of the icm color in the Printer. What do you think guys?

Re: While running fast my Canon Printer uses colored ink

I have used the “?” tool with the help of the Mouseover and after doing this the message was shown that the apps that were having the windows icm commands would be the reason to print the colored ink. That is the reason why the colored ink is printed instead of the black and white modes. I may be wrong also.

star Re: While running fast my Canon Printer uses colored ink

Quote Originally Posted by Hymavath View Post
    I have used the “?” tool with the help of the Mouseover and after doing this the message was shown that the apps that were having the windows icm commands would be the reason to print the colored ink. That is the reason why the colored ink is printed instead of the black and white modes. I may be wrong also.
    I think that you are not fully correct because this problem is not only related to the Canon Printers and also it is not only related to the draft mode of the Printer. I have seen many printers who have encountered the same problem as the Canon Printer is showing here. I also think that the Question posted in this thread should be that “Could anyone tell me how I can prevent being ripped off from my Canon Printer?” This is because you would probably don’t like to get rip off that would print anything with your Printer. I have seen that the programming of the ink jet printers is done in such a way that when you reboot your computer then they run a small ink to prevent the waste cleaning cycle. This is because it makes sure that the clogging of your print head has happened or not. Also it makes sure that your printer is in need of the fresh solvent or it doesn’t.
    There is also an on and off option available on the Canon Printer. If you would turn off the Printer then by doing there would not be electrical power in your inkjet and this would not perform any kind of ink wasting cycle in your printer.

Exclamation Re: While running fast my Canon Printer uses colored ink

The suggestion was good to know about the inkjet printer but I think that the Question asked by the “Muskil” says about the Canon Printer which is printing the colored ink instead of the black and white ink.

cool Re: While running fast my Canon Printer uses colored ink

I have noticed that the Canon Printers when set to the black and white mode then also make the use of the some colors to print. When I have gone through the various forums then I have found there was a common discussion about this topic and they were saying that this happens because it is one of the characteristic of the Canon Printer to print colors because it helps the print heads from becoming dry out.

Re: While running fast my Canon Printer uses colored ink

Quote Originally Posted by Denholm View Post
    I have noticed that the Canon Printers when set to the black and white mode then also make the use of the some colors to print. When I have gone through the various forums then I have found there was a common discussion about this topic and they were saying that this happens because it is one of the characteristic of the Canon Printer to print colors because it helps the print heads from becoming dry out.
    What you are saying is correct. The printer also does not print when it shows that the cartridges of the colors are empty. I think that this is good with the printers that have the permanent heads because the heads needs to be keeping from the clogging. But the printers of the HP are having the heads that are built in the cartridges itself and what about that. They have to be thrown away once they are clogged. This is mere waste of the money.

smile Re: While running fast my Canon Printer uses colored ink

That is the main reason why I have moved to the Printer that is a Color Laser Printer because I was knowing that this is the problem with the inkjet printers of the Canon and the Other inkjet printers. The information provided by the “Amadou” was very useful in gaining some knowledge about the inkjet Printers.