Thread: Want new case for the Dell Dimension 4550

Want new case for the Dell Dimension 4550

I am using Dell Dimension 4550 from past two years, but what I feel the case of this desktop is not much good due to which it overheats. So I am thinking of buying other case for this desktop and so selected cooler master 430 black which according to me is best but would like to know will it be compatible with the Dell Dimension 4550 or not. And if you have any other case in your mind which will be compatible with dell 4550 then please share with me.

Re: Want new case for the Dell Dimension 4550

According to me I feel that the cooler master 430 case which you are thinking of buying will not be compatible with the dell motherboard the reason for this is the input and output does not fit correctly and for this have to modify it, the other reason is that other cases does not have wiring connectors in the front panel which the dell case comes with.

As you want to change the case of your dell desktop then for this I would advise you that don’t go for changing the case instead go for installing any cooling fan as you have mentioned that the current case which you are using is overheating so according to me I feel that rather for going with the new case install new fan the reason for this is that the case which dell provides are best and with proper ventilation.

So according to you which will be the case that will be compatible with the dell 4550 case and do not need to modify it and where I will get motherboard that supports the atx with the same IDE which I am currently using in my motherboard.

For this I must say that dell uses its own connector which is situated in the front panel. And with the new case you need to change with the new CPU fan, motherboard and the heatsink and I don’t think so it would be worth changing all the internal parts for new case. So it is better you install new fan if you are facing issue of overheating.

Even I was earlier looking for changing the case but after one of technical friend guided about why I should stick with this case and the reasons were the same as given above but apart from this if you had change the heatsink, cpu , cooling fan in the case you wanted then it will void your windows license and other thing is that installing this new parts will cost you more. I don’t think so the case which you are thinking of buying will be compatible with the dell dimension 4550.