Thread: How to install Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus in Raidmax Helios case

How to install Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus in Raidmax Helios case

My computer case is made up of RAIDMAX Helios case. This is very beautiful case I have found for reasonable price. I have installed ASUS P8P67 motherboard in it. The previous CPU cooler is not good to cool this CPU. So I am thinking about adding Cooler Master Hyper 212+ over it. I got it from another computer. The problem is it doesn’t fit properly on board. It fits only 80% but it shakes.

Re: How to install Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus in Raidmax Helios case

The backplate of this case is very useful to mount / unmount the CPU cooler on your motherboard, some motherboards will not go into space dedicated by size. On this side of the housing sites for the cables are offered to us: there are two holes and a space next to the racks dedicated to hard drives and cable management which aims to hide the cables behind the tray card mother to improve air circulation, they are well placed even if near the SATA ports on the motherboard would have done better to be enlarged or lowered a few inches, as some SATA connectors are placed quite low and often bent.

I am also using the same CPU cooler. The design of the radiator has designed for optimized performance and to get the balance between speed and noise. It has 4 heatpipes which directly contacts the CPU surface. 120mm PWM Fan offers wide range of operation with speed and tries to get the best air flow possible. You can also mount a second fan by the help of an easy clip system. You can mount this cooler on Intel and AMD AM2/AM2 + LGA775/1156/1366 / AM3 sockets. The sound level as minimum as 13 dBA.

First of all you need to check the mounting holes for the brands that match the brand of your decision if you are unsure of how to position it. For fastening the heatsink to the backplate, the set of dissipation incorporates a support which passes over the heatsink base and fixed by screws to the backplate to bring the plant into different sockets. The top bracket can be opened and closed by moving the screws further extremes to place them in three different positions depending on the platform where you're going to install.

Cooler Master proposes for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus a robust and easy installation. Have fled the facility with clips on the computers of Intel, which is much appreciated, and use a backplate (both Intel and AMD). The accessories included are the clamps for the series fan, screws and tighten them useful as these are shaped nut. Also included is a thermal paste syringe from Cooler Master.

In addition to owners of Intel-based systems, even those with AMD to expand its board and replace the motherboard backplate from Cooler Master. The screwing of the heat sink with the standard backplate is not so easily possible, because the screws are ground and do not fit into the conventional thread.
    Finally, the fan is still attached by two brackets to the heatsink. The Hyper 212 Plus is shown with a width of just over 5 inches very little space, so it interferes with neither memory nor other components.

CoolerMaster opted here for a mounting attachment requiring the installation of a plate underneath the motherboard. This system is the safest for coolers and impressive, but in most housing it requires to remove the motherboard to an existing system which lengthens the assembly time. Once this plate multi-platform fixed, you can screw the cooler. Just then fan is securely mounted which is done by metal bars.