Thread: Having bad luck with the third party cartridges for Dell 3130cn

Having bad luck with the third party cartridges for Dell 3130cn

Hi, I have just bought the 3130cn printer for me and it works good with Dell cartridges. Then I bought new 4 high capacity colored cartridges from “Rosewill” but all of them are not working on my printer. Only black cartridges are working fine and rest of them are giving an error. The yellow cartridge was asking to reboot my computer with error code 016-370. Other color like cyan was not allowing my printer work only. Anyone has any idea about this? Why those cartridges are not working on my printer?

Re: Having bad luck with the third party cartridges for Dell 3130cn

I know this problem and it is due to toner’s chip. I have also tried using 3rd party black toner but it worked for very little time for me. I have 3 different chips at home and have tried to experiment with all of them only the Dell chip works for me. My printer is only few month old. This printer is not recommendable to others as it only works with its own chips. It is also not affordable to use. When I had bought this machine it came with dell toner and even worst part was that it had only limited page capacity.

I am using a Dell 3130 Color Laser Printer and it is not working properly and giving me the below error message:

009-360 Restart Printer
    Reseat Y Cartridge Contact Support

Even if I am taking out the cartridges and reseating them still I am getting the same error messages. I also purchased new cartridges and seated them but to no success? Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks

Hi jacob2013,

Can you tell us whether you are using genuine inks or not? If you are not using then you are tend to get that error so try using a genuine dell ink cartridge instead. This kind of problem usually also happens when the pring head has failder and needs to be replaced. The main issue is that this kind of problem can be a bit expensive for repairing the damaged print head of the printer.