Thread: how to install Coolermaster V8 Fan control Knob

how to install Coolermaster V8 Fan control Knob

I have recently installed the coolermaster V8 fan into my system but unable to install the Knob. the fan has a wire with 2 connectors that you will attach to the knob and the knob has 3 connection . I am really confuse which one of the 3 do I plug it into? I have try first with plugin the 2 connectors into the knob but the fan didn’t work in this case and then I have tried with the second configuration the fan is working but the knob is backwards, now when I turning the fan on high then the rpm goes down. If anyone knows how to install the coolermaster V8 knob properly then please help me.

Re: how to install Coolermaster V8 Fan control Knob

I have also install the coolermaster V8 Fan into my system and install the knob by myself and facing the similar problem with the fan, the fan doesn’t seem to be automated by my motherboard at all.i have already try with set it up in the bios when the temperature is less than 30 and go to 50%,but this also doesn’t work for me. I think the fan speed is always depends on the knob setup, please help me to get out of this issue.

I think to install the knob in to the fan you just try this configuration first you should plug the 3 pin of the fan in to the motherboard and then turn the connection to the knob and just see what the result you are getting with the fan but I am also little bit confuse as I think you have not mentioned proper configuration.

I don’t think so you have to install the knob in to the cooler or fan because the knob should be already connected to the cooler and if it is not like that then it means the knob is broken so you should get a new one as a replacement and the 3 pin you are talking about is to be plug into the motherboard CPU fan header to give it power.

You just first look carefully at the connector of your cooler, you will see one is a 4pin connector that is to be plug into your motherboard and the other one is 2 pin that is to be plug in to the knob and then attaches itself to the fan. I think your fan is pwm controlled which means it will speed up depending on the temperature and at the same time your fan is vrm controlled which means you can also control the fan by the knob. So as far as your 4pin connected to the motherboard then there is no problem for you but you make sure that the other 2 pins are properly connected.

Previously I didn’t know that the cooler master V8 is the pwm fan and this fan actually a 4 pin connector not a 3 pin as you are talking about this 4 pin you have to plug in to the motherboard . if your motherboard supports the pwm then plug the V8 4pin in to the cpu fan motherboard header and just enable the smart fan control in the BIOS. Once you done with this then your motherboard vary fan speeds based on the system requirements.

I think your Knob is broken and if it’s not and the wires supposed to come out then just double check the V8 manual it will tell you which pins to attach to and you are not able to do this then contact coolermaster and ask them how to fix this. If your knob is actually broken then do not RMA it, get a refund and replace it with something better like prolimatech Megahalems as the V8 is not really very good at cooling the i7 series.