Thread: ASUS M4A88T-M LE and Cooler Master 500W PSU failed to work

ASUS M4A88T-M LE and Cooler Master 500W PSU failed to work

I have got some serious trouble with my luck, you can’t believe that I am having two defected or else you can say two bad PSUs and motherboard. I have confirmed CPU and CPU fan in some other different PC. And in all three configuration I can experience no fans rotating neither the one which is near the PSU nor the CPU fan. The three possible configurations mentioned are:
    • PSU1/Motherboard1
    • PSU2/ Motherboard 1
    • PSU2/ Motherboard 2

I have seen many other people who had a good positive experience with such PSU and motherboard then this bitter and worst one with me that too I have two bad motherboards with the same failure mode. Please friends let me know the exact cause for this problem and if possible also let me know the appropriate solution for the cause.

My system configurations are:
    • Mobo - M4A88T-M LE
    • CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HDX945WFGMBOX
    • Cooler - Stock cooler with artic silver paste
    • PSU - COOLER MASTER eXtreme Power Plus RS500-PCARD3-US 500W

Re: ASUS M4A88T-M LE and Cooler Master 500W PSU failed to work

Try to disconnect the 20 pins harness and then leave the 4 pin in the 24 pins connector and then the jumper, the PSU signals on the 20 pin harness. Also make sure that the 4-pin Molex connector 12v cable is plugged in to the motherboard next to the DIMM slots. I am definitely sure that at least your both fans will get started.

I can notice the similar symptoms but with my memory stick and graphics card installed, but my questions are something different.

I always consider measuring the resistance from the PSU good to the ground from the back side of the motherboard from where the connector pins passes through. Now is it necessary for us to always get the continuity or it is the switched circuit from some other parts of the motherboard.

In order to sort out the issue what is necessary for me to change, is it the PSU or the motherboard. I would normally prefer PSU only if it can possibly solve my problem.

I thing I have got the cause of your problem, I guess your motherboard need the power switch pins connected to the case switch. As per the user manual just try to plug the 12v into the CPU power connector. If still having problem with trying out the thing then why don’t to follow the trouble shooting guide and try to include connecting the pins to the switch.