Thread: Should I mod Cooler Master RC 310 or go for a new Case?

Should I mod Cooler Master RC 310 or go for a new Case?

Now I think it’s time to replace or do something with my case. I have this cooler master RC 310 case from last 6 months, I still like its look and design, it’s always impressive no matter how old it becomes. But now unfortunately I have to do something with this case as it is unable to provide adequate cooling to most of the hardware parts of the system anymore. I already have a 120mm front intake fan and 120mm rear exhaust fan and also adding a 120mm to the side panel makes no sense.

Also the thing I need to do is to replace my current existing core i3-530 with a i5 2500K and would like to get a second 6950. And obviously for such higher prioritized things we need a case with good comfort and cooling capability. Let me tell you that I am looking out for a good cooling and I also want a side panel window. Anyone with a good modification idea of the existing case or with a good appropriate alternate suggest is most welcome. Please note that if you are suppose to suggest me any new case then it should be within the budget with almost similar price of RS 310.

Re: Should I mod Cooler Master RC 310 or go for a new Case?

Simple and sweet option would be to mod the existing cooler master RS 310. If money really does matters for you then modifying you case really pay you a lot.

You can have 120mm top exhaust fan, then 2x 120 mm bottom intake fans. Although this would be the cheapest option for you, it will also be the hardest one.

Better get an Antec 900-v3. I have it, this would be the easiest way to get settled and done with the job. No doubt once you get this case you will forget about you current existing RS 310. The look and the design are awesome.

To be frank you can also get to know certain drawback of this case too:
    First of all let me tell you that this Antec 900 v3 is one of the most expensive cases. This case is to comparatively heavier than your RC 310. The Antec 900 is 13lbs heavier than yours. but dimension wise you can get a good appropriate area in order to place your hardware parts.

Dimensions:

• 19.4″ (H) x 8.6″ (W) x 18.6″ (D)
    • 493 mm (D) x 218 mm (W) x 472 mm (D)
    • Net Weight: 25.4 lbs

But I really don’t take it as a drawback as a drawback because it fulfills my technical requirement which is more important to me.

I would neither suggest you to modify your existing case nor I will suggest you to buy a new one. Instead I would tell you get a new case and mod the new one as per my instruction, after that trust me you will love my idea.

First get a new Cooler Master Strom Scout then slightly modify it. you need not have to worry about the mod as you will just have to mod if slightly. You will have to remove the hard drive case in order to get your 6950 fixed in it. you will also have to adjust one of them to get your hard drive placed easily.

I really appreciate for such ample and valuable advices but I would like to mention one thing that I am looking out for a small and a light case. Light case in the sense, the size should be almost about equal to my RC 310 or can also be equal to the Antec 300. Once again let me tell you that my requirement includes side window and sufficient cooling to all the parts. Most importantly please friends don’t suggest me with such high budget cases, Antec 900-v3 is seriously not my cup of tea. It can never come under my budget since I think it’s the costliest one amongst all.

Rather searching out for a new case or mod any case, if you really need a great cooling get a new high quality fan. Once you are satisfying done with case try to get some high CFM fans 75+.

This will undoubtedly push out more and more air through your case and maintain the cooling. If not mistaken you may also be interested in investing in the fan speed module, so you can easily control them and reduce your case noise.