Thread: Temperature at 70 degree even after installing cooler master tx3

Temperature at 70 degree even after installing cooler master tx3

I am totally unable to get system temperature under control. I initially ran coretemp on intel q9650 which was non-overclocked with a stock cooler fan and get the core temperature of 70-72c, I got these temperature by having a prime95 test. Due to this reason I decided to get a cooler master tx3.

Initially it showed up a huge difference and also helped a lot but didn’t touch my expectation. I have compared this temperature with most of my friend’s system and I don’t understand they are able to get the temperature of 50-60c that too with Cooler Master tx3. I personally assume that there is something wrong with the core temperature, the coretemp is not being able to show me the right temperature.

Re: Temperature at 70 degree even after installing cooler master tx3

First of all make sure that the new cooler master tx3 has been installed properly. And if you doubt it in any way then get it installed again. Also make sure that this time when you do the installation, you use Arctic Silver 5 paste in order to get a quality fixation. It actually uses three unique shapes and sizes of pure silver particles in order to get the particles in contact completely and thermal transfer. It contains 99.9% pure silver and 88% thermally conductive filler.

After that try to get variations of the air pressure in the case. You can do it by changing the orientation of fans. You will get a negative air pressure if it’s more exhausted and if intake more they it will experience a positive air pressure. Also change the size of your case fan.

Instead of using a prime95 I would better suggest you to try out some other temperature reading app. Try it out, and if you get the same reading in the new test too then you can try out reseating again all the way from the starting.

The major cause of such issues is the improper fixation so try reinstalling the fan and also if possible get a better quality thermal paste like MX-4 or else you can also go for Arctic Silver 5 as suggested above.

Noctua is the best and guaranteed thermal paste available in the market. thermal paste plays an important role in fixing up your fan, so you must be certainly aware of what kind of paste you are using. Not only Noctua is quality product but also it come for cheaper rate with a huge quantity filled in a quite big tube which is also very much use for your video card and CPU or any hot thing with a heatsink.

Before deciding to reinstall the fan check out you CPU fan again and make sure that the fan is blowing toward the exhaust fan i.e. the fan which is blowing up out of the case.

I am getting a temperature of 40-41 when the system is idle and when tested though prime95 I got 66-70c and the coretemp is set TJmax at 100c. The most interesting is that my room temperature is 22c. I have not yet overclocked my CPU at all. Now the thing is that even I have installed Cooler Master tx3 and facing such temperature issue. initially even I thought that the installation might not have been perfect but then even after reseating the fan thrice nothing changed, had the same problem again and again.

These were the thing told me to check and get cleared:
    • Get the Case fan clean
    • Air flow is not being restricted by any wiring or devices
    • Thermal paste is uniformly applied (not so thick or not so thin)

I guess the temperatures which you have mentioned are normal and also perfectly ok. For your kind information let me tell you that shutting down of CPUs due to high temperature is not actually a problem in fact these CPUs are designed so that if the system of the CPUs get over heated it gets shut down. If prime95 notes your CPU temp of 72c then the normal and average temperature of your CPU for everyday use should be around 60c. Getting higher and max temp with prime95 doesn’t means that your its abnormal, we get those high temp just because prime95 puts 100% max load on the CPU which takes the temp to the extreme level.

most probably extreme high level gaming with higher settings can also get your CPU close to 100% usage which in turns takes the temp close to what you get with the prime95.

I have tried checking my CPU usage while playing game. I did it while playing battlefield 2 and guess what it hits 100% usage which matches with the prime95 test, it hits that range at the time or loading the maps.

While running the prime95 test and also while looking at the speedfan I can notice that the coretemp, the realtemp and the speedfan shows the same temp when we set the TJmax to 100. The fans speed is just around 1500 rmp. I have noticed that the fan speed is below what the average speed should be, I also tried speeding them up by speedfan but it’s not allowing me to increase the speed which in turns results in the increase in the temperature. Now trying to get a solution to speed up the fan.

Hey friends urgently need your help. I just want you all to let me know the reason for the suddenly shut down of my pc. I have always seen that whenever I try to play any games on my pc after 15 min of play, suddenly the system shuts off and unable to turn on even if I try to do it forcefully. the strange thing is that after such problem the pc starts smoothly if I turn it on only after 10 to 15 min.

This things started happening after I installed a new cooler master tx3 fan in my system. I guess I have been fooled with a defected product by the vendor. But most of my friends say that the problem is with the PSU. I literally don’t believe them because I have never ever touch or had any problem with the PSU ever from the time I built my system. I also got the PSU checked, didn’t find any defects with it.

I can surely say that neither your fan is defected nor your PSU is having any problem. You are facing the problem just because there is some placement issue with the case fan.

Just check out the direction and the placement of your CPU fan Case fan and the PSU. Make sure that your CPU fan blows the air towards the Case fan, also see to it that the case fan is blowing up the air outside the case and not inside the case. If your PSU is placed just above the case fan and if there is any hole present in it then definitely it’s a huge problem.

OK, I got everything. This means that the case fan is pulling the air and blowing it inside the PSU which means that the PSU is sucking heat at an extreme level which in turns restricting the PSU from functioning and disallowing the power supply. That’s the reason when my system shuts off it restarts smoothly only after 15 min because the PSU obviously need some time to cool down.

So I think I need to keep the case fan in such a direction that does not throw the hot air on the PSU. Is there not any way to lower my CPU temperature instead.