Thread: Cisco Linksys E4200 will have built-in Print Server

Cisco Linksys E4200 will have built-in Print Server

I have a small doubt about Cisco Linksys E4200. Does this device has a built in print server. I am planing to get a new router for my network but I want print server capability in the same. The one which I am using has multiple Ethernet port but it does not has print server benefits. I want some options through which I can simply hook my printer and share it with my network. This would be easier for me to fix the issue.

Yes Cisco Linksys E4200 has a Print Server in it. You have configure that through the settings. The built in option allow you to add printer over the same and then you can take print through lan or through wifi. You have to checkout the router manual to get more details on the same. The settings are quiet easy. Before going ahead it is essential that you must simply upgrade the latest firmware for the router so that you do not face any issue later on.

You can still configure your printer on lan without buying a entirely new device. You can just install a printer server software in your pc or you can hook the printer on windows server pc. And then share it with people. You can create different groups among which some will be allowed to print while some will be not. And on that basis you can restrict the usage. So this is the simplest way to configure a printer server.