Thread: How to reduce Temps in Cooler Master Silencio 550

How to reduce Temps in Cooler Master Silencio 550

I am using the Cooler master Silencio 550 case. I have configured the fans to some regular 1200rpm to make better airflow. But now I don’t think that it is enough. I would like to do it better. I don’t mind if I need to mod the case. The Current specs are:
    • i5 2500K @ 4GHz
    • 16GB RAM1600
    • 4x HDD
    • 1x GTX 285

Now the idle temps are 41-42C in a pretty hot. Can I reduce it more?

Re: How to reduce Temps in Cooler Master Silencio 550

Cooling is provided by two fans instead of 120 mm and support for an additional fan, always 120 mm. Silencio 550 is designed with 3 housing 5.25-inch, 7 inch and one 3.5-2.5-inches, inserted in a removable cage. The bulkhead side dedicated to the motherboard includes a system that simplifies cable management. The budget is supplemented by the provision for installation of a liquid cooling system, thanks to the presence of two holes in the back, and the ability to install a radiator.

In extreme cases if the noise cannot go outside, also happens to the heat, causing an apparent overheating which lead to block of the PC. The solution lies in the integration of a slight cooling system which, in return for use of a few strategically placed efficient fans and allows a minimum intake of fresh air and clear the expulsion of hot, lowering the temperatures of 15 C above the condition of "all off".

I've had a lot of high end computers without any additional cabinet fans, and yet I had no problems at high temperatures due to lack of airflow.

Right now here is an i7 860 with an AMD 5870 both of which are quite hot, but I never hang a fan. Yet I have no problems. The maximum temperature of the hardware is not exceeded, and then I do not need an extra fan. It is simply added noise.

I think that you definitely have a lot of components that heat and so you require plenty of airflow. If you have not specified the cpu mounting said stock or aftermarket and if you do overclock in the future. Noise definitely comes from the main CPU fan if I understand it still said riding stock that is very noisy and poor with regard to the air flow rate: for that reason you have high CPU time and lots of noise. Rather than getting Fans, get a good CPU heatsink or liquid cooling system. IT depends on how much you spend.

I think even if you change the fan or heat sink does not solve the problem unless you keep the fan speeds to be heard, and then it becomes meaningless to have a case with the 'sound-proofing. You may try to run the fans on the edge of the thresholds of audibility that Silencio allows you. The range of normal rotation from 800 to 1100 rpm, threshold already considered "critical", perhaps with the Silencio you could push to 1300 rpm.

I wonder how far those fans in the front really can suck air, although there are no openings on both sides of the door but would imagine that the fans 'work hard' to get some air into the cabinet in the vacuum. I would actually agree to measure how much noise my PC makes because I think they have very quiet but cools well, I don’t think so.

The structure of the Coolermaster Silencio 550, in conjunction with these types of fans, can provide an optimal air circulation. The air flow is designed to have a good balance. The front air intake is upgradeable by adding another 120 mm fan. The louver for air intake is positioned on the sides of the front bezel as the front is completely covered with sound absorbing material. In the rear of the case there is a 120 mm fan ready expulsion of hot air from the case.

The temps seems to be very much normal in your case. I don’t know for what reason you want to reduce it even more. I know that the lesser the temps, better the processing speed and power. But without proper ventilation requirement, I don’t think that you can get any lesser than this unless reducing the surrounding temps.

One of the most important aspects of a case is to be able to ensure a constant temperature of all components of the system and, above all, maintain absolute silence in the surrounding environment. From the tests carried out we can say that the air circulation is always well-balanced and balanced, so as to uniformly cool all components. The ventilation circuit is well designed and sized. For maximum performance we recommend the use all the optional fans.