Thread: Experiencing Vibration on Cooler Master HAF 932

Experiencing Vibration on Cooler Master HAF 932

Just now configured a new computer using the Coolermaster HAF 932 case. The PC is working fine without any problem except I am seeing strong vibrations on the case. Even though the HDD and the optical drive are idle. So I think that the vibration might be due the big fans running inside the case. Is there any other HAF 932 users who experienced the same? The PSU is Cooler master Silent Pro Gold 800W. Do think that this vibration is harmful to the computer?

Re: Experiencing Vibration on Cooler Master HAF 932

I don’t think that any kind of peripherals causing this vibration. It is simply the case. It seems to me that something has not properly fixed to the housing. You need to firmly press the casing cover or side panels.

Cooler Master has integrated rubber screws which eliminate any vibrations that could be transmitted to the housing. Beyond these "shocks" the fan is hard plastic and vibrates at high speed (like most fans). The Barometric Ball Bearing (Barometric Ball Bearing - BBB) allows easy removal of the rotor for a quick cleaning and maintenance. Little aside on the domed cap, this will be only usable in some situations, for indeed, the fan will in most cases pressed against the plate to draw the air stream. It will be possible as opposed to using it in a position "extraction".

When it comes to vibrate it is pretty cool and you have a fully functioning computer case. How fast are your fans to turn? Perhaps throttling them down will change the vibration and keep your material fresh. I recently had a ton of overheating issues that crept up on top when I was not looking. I highly recommend you keep those fans in there.

I would say that the problem comes from poor positioning of the radiator on the processor, or a bad fan. The fan turned all the way causes vibration of the CPU.

In my case the air stream through well. Front and rear purely out above. The temps are not bad for the CPU and graphics cards. CPU at 60C in games (Battlefield Bad Company 2 takes good CPU). I may have room to grow if it gets warmer but if again happens I begin benchmark and continue through the CPU contacts. The vibrations are not very strong, as I said just a shake, but this occurs every few seconds.

Open the PC case and listen carefully. See what fan is causing the problem and then see if you can determine which one is better to stay put, if cannot see any problem with fans, then leave it as it is. In my case, the vibration was coming from the Fans and also the DVD driver. Sometimes I also realized that the vibration is transmitted through the floor and for that reason I've backed rubber below it. Now there is no vibration at all.