Thread: Want help upgrading Dell XPS 730

Want help upgrading Dell XPS 730

Actually I’m thinking of upgrading my Dell XPS 730 which I am using it from past two and now I feel it is time to upgrade the machine. So can anyone from here help me put with the upgrading of my laptop. So that I can still use this machine for another two years. As want to upgrade with the RAM, board and processor.

Re: Want help upgrading Dell XPS 730

First thing I would like to know what is your config of system, as without knowing the config it will be hard to guess what config are you having currently and which must be upgraded. And also want to know what is your budget kept for upgrading. So that it becomes easy for me to suggest you which oe should you go for and which parts you need to get upgraded.

Sorry for providing you with the half info. My current system config are as follows:

• Processor : Intel Core2 processor E8400
    • Motherboard : 7-slot ATX
    • Graphics card : nVidia GeForce 8800 GT
    • RAM : 4GB DDR3 SDRAM
    • Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

As I have said you I want to upgrade with the RAM , motherboard and the processor and can also suggest me which should I go with. And regarding the budget I don’t want to spend more on upgrading, so I my budget is $250 and don’t want to spend more then this.

I don’t think so you should go upgrading with the RAM as it seems to be OK and you don’t need to upgrade with it.

If you want to upgrade your system then I don’t think within this budget you can upgrade it. Because as you want to upgrade cpu, motherboard and the RAM then it might cost you more and would not be coming in your set estimated budget. So if you want to upgrade it you have to raise your budget.

One thing I want to ask you is that what type of work you do it on your system. If you use your system only for doing office work or any of the common work then I feel that you should not go for upgrading it and if you feel you want to upgrade your system then you should just go upgrading with i3 cpu and motherboard as it would be sufficient to do office work.

And if you use this system for playing the games then I would suggest you to go for upgrading with the graphics card as the gpu which is there is on your system is insufficient to play high end games.

I use this system for both the use but mainly I use this PC for playing the games. One of the reasons for upgrading the PC is that I want much better graphics so that I can play all high end games with much better graphics. So can you suggest me which graphics card I should go for to make a good gaming PC.

If you want to upgrade your system then I don’t think within this budget you can upgrade it. Because as you want to upgrade cpu, motherboard and the RAM then it might cost you more and would not be coming in your set estimated budget. So if you want to upgrade it you have to raise your budget.
    I totally agree with this guy if you want to upgrade your PC then it won’t come in your budget as good graphics card will cost you around $450-$499. And if you keep your budget within $250 I don’t think you can upgrade your system.

You should try to upgrade according to following given down here:

1. Current Processor: Intel Core2 processor E8400 should upgrade with Intel i3/i5
    2. Current Graphics card : nVidia GeForce 8800 GT should upgrade with Nvidia Geforce GTX 280
    3. RAM : 4GB DDR3 SDRAM should go with the same.
    4. Motherboard : ASUS P6T7 WS

What I think is that instead of upgrading the system you should go with the new system as the cost which are going to spend on this system will almost get you a new system. So my suggestion to you is that5 instead of upgrading the system go with buying the new one.