Thread: Corsair GT 60GB SSD working slow

Corsair GT 60GB SSD working slow

My computer is installed with Asus Maximus Extreme 3 motherboard with SATA 3 controller on it. As far as I know the controller is marvel 9123. I don’t know for what problem or what reason I am seeing 370Meg read speeds and 90 meg write speeds. To get it I have also enabled AHCI within the bios too.

Re: Corsair GT 60GB SSD working slow

Initially I had some problems with mine too, even after fresh install of Windows 7 Meanwhile, I've found after much testing and trying some other things I solved it somehow partially.
    • Chipset driver from the Windows Update
    • Unnecessary services (SuperFetch, Defrag) disabled (Mconfig)
    • From 8GB pagefile disabled
    • Disable file indexing
    • System Restore disabled on SSD
    • Disable hiberfil.sys (hibernation file) -> powercfg-h off

With the chipset drivers from Windows, it is unfortunately not too fast. Maybe I should think about it the SSD against a Crucial m4 to replace or run is 2 64GB in RAID 0. What do you think of the proposal? Raid 0 SSD benchmarks on this show at least practical 1000MB / s on the course. I will not remember all.

A far as I know that the complete disable of page file is not advisable. There are programs that do this and it is used by Windows to "defragment" to the memory, so if a sufficiently large block of memory is available, but not enough RAM is free. So if you edit without a pagefile even a really big image even though you mass-RAM is not available

It found that if neither the card nor the board is good for this SSD. You should have looked properly before buying an SSD. The Southbridge on your board can have a maximum SATA2 3 GB / s, 300MB / s. Nevertheless, the two SSDs in the Southbridge should run better than on the auxiliary controller. Each board with built-in native SATA3 is certainly better suited for you, but not an option.

Basically you can say that both the sequential read and write the rate is important. Another important aspect is the 4k performance and access times. Whether you are now but 280 or 500MB / s seq manage, is no longer noticeable.

AS SSD uses about 0% compressible data, ATTO uses 100% compressible data. To give you a better picture of the performance of your SSD, you should once again benchmark the AS SSD compression. You can find these in the menu under the category AS SSD tool -> Compression Benchmark.

Operate the SSD in AHCI mode on a port SATA3 and already you will have the desired results....

Right now the SSD is running in IDE mode. SATA II would have to give up easily but better values.

You also have the SSD on the Marvell controller, which also does not necessarily best. Maybe you can even post a screenshot of AS-SSD. Furthermore, you can at your board for additional PCIe and USB SATA III to switch lanes, if your second PCIe x16 slot gives you a map. The graphics card in the first PCIe x16 slot will run though as x8, but that should not do anything.

The low write rate should now also be not so bad for a 64GB SSD, because here you probably hardly ever write very large files on it. The read performance seems to fit well and therefore you use a fast system.

Sata III for the Marvell controller's performance is within the normal range. You could even still in the bios and select "Turbo SATA3 / USB3.0" to "turbo SATA3" position, but only if you are in your second PCIe x16 slot you put a map! Then test it again. In addition, the SSD could sometimes even at the Intel SATA controller and test infected. I think here you will have the best performance, only the value "Seq Read" will probably be cut to around 270 MB / s.

Make sure that your bios should be up to date so that the board and especially the energy management and SSD technology considered - otherwise it can lead to performance degradation and problems with SMART but also standby mode. AHCI / IDE is only a minimal difference in performance, with AHCI, it is more or less to the extended instruction set (SATA2).