Thread: My computer system gets switched off automatically

My computer system gets switched off automatically

It looks like I am facing some serious problem with the new system I bought. The system is 2 weeks old and worked perfectly till now. But from past 3 days whenever I am playing games my pc gets automatically switch off. This happens only when I try to play specified high level heavy games for example Crysis 2. It’s not that the system get shut down but it suddenly switch off without even closing the opened application and also without giving the prior notification. I believe that this problem is occurring just because of heating problem. I felt the cabinet heat lot of time whenever the system got switched off. Is it really due to the heating issue my system get closed? I never faced any other issue other than this one.

Re: My computer system gets switched off automatically

Problem occurring with the new system is really a huge and serious problem. If you have really noticed your processor getting heated up more than the usual temperature then can I know till what degree the temperature raises when you face this sudden shut down problem? And also let me know your system configuration as I also believe that the new system could also be a possible reason for the issue.

I noted down the temperature of my processor when I faced the same suddenly switch off issue. the temperature raised to 90 degree. Is this a normal temperature or else now it’s the only reason for me to worry? And also I have mentioned my system configuration below:

• Processor - AMD FX 8150
    • Motherboard - Gigabyte GA 990xa UD3
    • RAM - Corsair Vengence 8 GB RAM
    • Graphic Card - ATI Radeon 6850
    • Coolermaster HAF 932 Chasis

90 degree Celsius is quite high. I don’t think the temperature should reach at that level that too with the new system you bought recently. Normally people face this processor heating problem at about more than 90 degree but the other thing is that their system is too old so those people facing this problem is quite understandable.

Heating issue occurs only when you try to exert or try to get excess performance from the processor which is above the expectation. As you said that the problem is occurring only when you try to play certain specific high level games then definitely your AMD FX 8150 processor is unable to support those game completely and thus this resulting in heating up of your processor. Try to check those games compatibility with your processor.

There can also be a minor reason for this issue. Definitely no doubt, the suddenly system shut down problem is occurring due the overheating problem but I think the reason for this could be smaller and silly. Just want to clarify with you that did you surely removed the small plastic cover off the bottom of the heatsink? I know it’s a kind of stupid question but let me tell you that even this minor mistakes tend to cause a major problem. If you are not sure then I would suggest you to open your cabinet and check the processor.

You said that you face the problem when you try to play heavy game like crysis 2. If the problem is only limited with the games and no other activity is causing the problem then I thinks it’s the video card which is the sole reason. Because the only think that can take the temperature above 90 degree Celsius is the video card. But I again object that your pc could not face such high temperature as you are sharing the brand new configured pc. Anyways get your video chard checked.

Are you overclocking your processor? If yes then you are not suppose to ask this question to we people. Because everyone knows that overclocking the processor in an improper way can definitely cause some of the other issue. And the most common one amongst them is the heating problem. This problem is common while overclocking because people overclock their processor without any approximate judgment of how much they should overclock the CPU. In addition the heating issue becomes more serious if you are try to overclock such a processor which is new and does not requires any overclocking.

If you have really attempted to overclock you processor then undoubtedly you have to face the consequences.