Thread: LG DV498H DVD Player does not play video from USB drive

question LG DV498H DVD Player does not play video from USB drive

I have a LG DVD player and the model no. of that DVD player is DV498H. I had purchased this DVD player with a great expectations that it would be allow me to play the video using the USB drive but it is not doing so. When I read carefully on the box it was written that the DVD player will be able to play the divx movies format from the USB. When I put the USB drive the DVD player is able to read the JPEG format images but it fails to read any video. I thought that converting the video to the divx format will fix the issue but it wont worked. Really disappointing. I don’t know then which format of the video is required for this player to play using the USB dive? Can anyone help me out of this problem? Is there anyone with the same problem? Need suggestions.

star Re: LG DV498H DVD Player does not play video from USB drive

I have tried to find the solution for this question on the official site of the LG but I was not able to find the appropriate specification for the encoding of the video file. I have only found the DivX and the MPEG4 format extension for the video but this seems to be the standard. I will have to do some kind of the research to solve your issue. Most probably I would be doing the HANDBRAKE and perform the MPEG4 extension encoding to see whether this solve the issue or not.

question Re: LG DV498H DVD Player does not play video from USB drive

Posted by Lisa Boney:

I have tried to find the solution for this question on the official site of the LG but I was not able to find the appropriate specification for the encoding of the video file. I have only found the DivX and the MPEG4 format extension for the video but this seems to be the standard. I will have to do some kind of the research to solve your issue. Most probably I would be doing the HANDBRAKE and perform the MPEG4 extension encoding to see whether this solve the issue or not.
    What are you talking about the HANDBRAKE?I am unaware of this stuff. And what does the MPEG4 extension encoding means? Do I have to look for some kind of the software that will change the video format into the MPEG4 or something like that? Can anyone suggest me that which video format is supported by my DVD player to play the video from the USB drive. I am really eager to know the exact solution for this problem?

Re: LG DV498H DVD Player does not play video from USB drive

The program that converts the MPEG video format which also includes the DVD video into the MPEG4 format video file in the MPEG4 Part 14 having the .mp4 file extension or the Matroska having the .mkv file extension is called as the HANDBRAKE. It’s also known as the open source program.
    The HANDBRAKE is the program that is used for the converting the DVD file format into the formats so that the file extensions can be used to be worked on the different sources such as the iPods, iPhones, media players etc.