Thread: Compaq Presario SR1023WM does not boot past bios screen

Compaq Presario SR1023WM does not boot past bios screen

Hello friends, when i am trying to boot my PC then it is not able to boot, after the bios screen it is not going. I am having it 3.1 bios version. I have tried to do it for couple time and i really frustrated with it, i have tried to work with the recovery disc and also to install windows on system, then also it was not working. If someone can tell me then it will be very helpful to me and i am having knowing to repair computer, then tell me what to do. Please help me. Thank you.

Re: Compaq Presario SR1023WM does not boot past bios screen

I would suggest that try to clean the CMOS, but i would like to say that you CMOS battery, to do that you need to hold power button. Now you better replace the battery and try to booting again, it work properly.

I was also having the same problem and try the method to work, but i am still stuck on the Compaq Logo Screen. so how to get ahead from it. I am using Compaq SR1726NX, i have purchased new CR2032 CMOS battery and replaced it then also it not working for me. I think that my board is fully gone. When i open PC and check that i am able to get the power proper as all fan are working, not getting any beep or error. Even i have tried with replace hard drive then also it was not working. Try to work with compatible RAM modules then also it did not work. So please tell me that what to do. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TeesMaar View Post
    I was also having the same problem and try the method to work, but i am still stuck on the Compaq Logo Screen. so how to get ahead from it. I am using Compaq SR1726NX, i have purchased new CR2032 CMOS battery and replaced it then also it not working for me. I think that my board is fully gone. When i open PC and check that i am able to get the power proper as all fan are working, not getting any beep or error. Even i have tried with replace hard drive then also it was not working. Try to work with compatible RAM modules then also it did not work. So please tell me that what to do. Thank you.
    You have changed the battery, but replaceing BIOS battery will not help you. I wanted to tell all board battery do there power the electrically eraseable memory of the CMOS chip so that it will not hold the settings.

Even i am having the problem with the Compaq Presario 12XL410 laptop it was working properly but suddenly it has stop working. Not able to see any light, when connect to Adapter and trouble shooting then founded that battery is fully dead. I remove the battery then also it was not starting up. Actual some have told be that my CMOS battery might be dead, so a dead CMOS battery will be not making computer start? I think that something might went wrong with motherboard / HDD. So please suggest me what to do.

I think you should make it work by taking it to service center then it will work for you and it might be able to work it out and it work proper for you.