Thread: HP Pavilion p6126uk Desktop PC is not reading and writing any disk

HP Pavilion p6126uk Desktop PC is not reading and writing any disk

I am having a HP Pavilion p6126uk Desktop PC and everything was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and it has stopped reading and writing to any disk, When I am inserting a disk then it is not making any noise as such which appears to be working, I am not getting any error message as well I don’t know what to do, is there anyone who can help me out with the same??

Re: HP Pavilion p6126uk Desktop PC is not reading and writing any disk

I am having a HP Pavilion p6126uk Desktop PC and everything was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and it has stopped reading and writing to any disk, When I am inserting a disk then it is not making any noise as such which appears to be working, I am not getting any error message as well I don’t know what to do, is there anyone who can help me out with the same??
    I will suggest you to first try out the below automated fixit method and see if it is helping you out or not.

Just check it out and let me know what result you get.

If the above solution is not helping you out then you can just follow the below method:
    • First open the command prompt by typing “cmd” in the run
    • After that just “sfc /scannow” and make sure that you are entering it without the quotes and you are also leaving space between the sfc and the /.
    • After the process is complete the close it and then go in to the device manger and then open DVD/CD-ROM Drives and then uninstall it but then make sure that you are not deleting the driver if you are asked for the same, after it is installed let windows reinstall the driver and then it should work.

When I am running the above method and when I am running the sfc /scannow command then I got a error message which went out the box quickly so I was not able to note the same I was just able to read this “Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of the .....” so what should I do know?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Ok if that is not working then you can just continue with the further process which was for uninstalling the driver and then letting the windows install the same, just try it out and then let me know what you get, if you still get any error then just make a note of the same and post it here so I can have a better idea about the problem that you are facing

I will suggest you to better remove the Upper and Lower filters and after that try out the uninstalling and then reinstalling method in order to avoid any problem during the reinstallation of the driver, Just follow the below article for the same and refer to the 'Let me fix it myself” sub heading:
    Your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    When you are done with the same then follow the above uninstalling and reinstalling method.

I have just now followed the solutions that has been mentioned above but then now I am facing some other problem as well, I mean that when I am following the steps from the article where it says check for the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}” in the registry in the navigation pane and then click on the filters” here I am able to see the HKEY_Local_Machine but then I am not getting any other information in the right panel under its name and I am just getting a little icon of ab (default) where as the Type is having REG_SZ and the Data field is having no value, I don’t think that I am missing anything, what should I try out now??

You don’t have to worry about the same I think that it might have been removed if you have used Microsoft 'Fixit' previously, for now just go in to the my computer and then just check if you are able to see the CD/DVD drive listed there???

Yes I had used Microsoft 'Fixit' previously when I was trying to fix this issue and yes I am able to see the BD-ROM Drive (E) in my computer but then it is still not working as I have mentioned above, as far as I know the drive was there and it was not missing previously as well, is there any other solution that I can try out to solve this issue??? I really want to get it working somehow so please help!! Thanks in advance.

Ok, just follow the below steps now:
    • Insert any cd and then after some time just right click on the drive and then click on the autoplay
    • After that you will get a new window, so now just move your cursor to the top left hand corner and then tick mark the box next to “Use autoplay for all media and devices” if is not tick marked previously.
    • After tick marking it make a reboot and then insert the cd and see if it is making any difference or not. If you still have the same problem then you can try to run the windows in safe mode and then check if the cd is getting recognized or not

just try the above solutions out and then let me know what result you get.

I have followed the same and the “Use autoplay for all media and devices” option was already ticked mark so I don’t think that solution is making any difference. I have also tried to run the windows in the safe mode but then I am still left with the same issue, I am really running out of ideas now?? Is there are solution that I can try out now??