Thread: How to restore files using backup disks in HP-Pavilion AY627AA

question How to restore files using backup disks in HP-Pavilion AY627AA

I am using the Windows 7 Operating System on my HP-Pavilion AY627AA. I have completed with the System Recovery but I don’t know how to restore the files by using the backup disks. Could anyone tell me the solution for this question? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You in advance for the answers.

Arrow Re: How to restore files using backup disks in HP-Pavilion AY627AA

When you think of the system restore of the Microsoft and the system restore of the HP Recovery through the Recovery Manager then there is a big difference between these two. The System Restore done by the Microsoft System Restore does not delete the data and the documents from your system. But the HP Recovery indulges the system restore by creating the partition and formatting your hard disk. This will delete the data of the hard drive. Therefore, I always prefer to backup my data to the external drive when I want to perform the System Restore on the HP.
    I am thinking that you must have performed the System restore instead of the HP System Recovery

question Re: How to restore files using backup disks in HP-Pavilion AY627AA

I have done the System Recovery because it was absolutely needed for my system. The Windows was not functioning at all that’s why I have to do that. Also I have taken the data to some external hard drive before performing the System Recovery. My external hard Drive is having some files and that I have to restore again to my system. Can you tell me how to do that?

Arrow Re: How to restore files using backup disks in HP-Pavilion AY627AA

Thank you for that reply. So you have done the System Recovery. I would like to know that which backup program you had used yo the backup files on the external hard drive? It would help me in giving a proper solution to you. I know that i am asking questions instead of giving the solution but i need to know this because it wont help me to give you the solution then. Thank You.

question Re: How to restore files using backup disks in HP-Pavilion AY627AA

I don’t know about which program was used by the System Recovery to backup the files on the external drive. The only thing I know is that the extension of the files in the external hard drive is .wim and however windows is unable to read these files. What to do?

star Re: How to restore files using backup disks in HP-Pavilion AY627AA

I will be unable to solve your problem if you are not giving me the Backup program. Fine, try to check the desktop system of the HP using the P/N along with the Operating System. I have still a doubt that you might have performed the System restore on your system. Follow this link and this will tell you the procedure to restore the backup files that are created during the HP Recovery. Hope this helps.

unsure Re: How to restore files using backup disks in HP-Pavilion AY627AA

I am not that dumb to know it was a System Restore or a HP Recovery. Believe me, I have done the HP Recovery on my system. Can anyone help me to give the proper solution for my question.Please?

ThumbsUp Re: How to restore files using backup disks in HP-Pavilion AY627AA

Okay fine, I consider that you have done the HP Recovery. But did you followed the link which I gave to you. I don’t know why did you make the choice of the DVDs for storage purpose when it was external USB drive to be chosen. As you are saying that all the files are having the .wim extension then they must have been created using the Windows Backup. You must see that is there any MINWINPC folder inside the backup disks that you have created through the Windows Explorer.

ThumbsUp Re: How to restore files using backup disks in HP-Pavilion AY627AA

Successfully done with the restore of the files on my system. I didn’t notice that the MINWINPC folder was present in the backup files. It was consisting of the application file and using that I was able to complete the restore process. Your suggestion was worth..