Thread: CD/DVD driver missing in HP Pavillion m8200n

CD/DVD driver missing in HP Pavillion m8200n

Hi friends I am using CD/DVD driver missing in HP Pavillion m8200n computer and it has suddenly started giving me problems. CD/DVD Rom has stopped working in my computer. When I open my computer at that time CD/DVD Rom does not appear in my computer. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: CD/DVD driver missing in HP Pavillion m8200n

You should first try to solve this problem by disconnecting the CD/DVD Rom from your computer and after disconnecting the CD/DVD Rom you have to connect it again properly and after that you have to check whether CD/DVD Rom appear In my computer or not. Try this trick and then let me know what the result is.

I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that if you are facing same problem after disconnecting CD/DVD ROM from your machine and connecting it again and after that also if you are facing same problem then you have to go to the BIOS setting in your computer and after going in to the BIOS setting you have to check whether all the setting related to CD ROM is proper. I am telling you this because many times wrong setting in then BIOS can also cause this type of problem.

I will suggest you to right click on my computer and select properties. Now after that you have to select device manager and after that you have to check whether your CD/ ROM device appear there or not. If you can see the CD/ROM device with any exclamation mark then problem is related to the drivers otherwise something else is causing this problem.

I have tried to solve this problem by disconnecting the CD ROM from my computer and then connecting it back to my system again and after that when I start computer at that time also I get same problem. Now after that I have also checked all the settings in the BIOS and all the settings were OK.

I cannot see my DVD ROM device in the device manager also. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

As you have motioned that after trying above solution also you are still facing same problem with the CD/DVD Rom and then I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by removing the filters. Now after removing the filters you have to restart the computer and then your problem will get solved.

If you don’t know about how to remove filters then I will help you with that. You have to first open start menu and then type REGEDIT in search box there and then you have to press enter. Now after doing that you have to navigate this key 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 which you will find in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM and then CurrentControlSet and then go to control and after that select class. Now after that you to see whether there is any upper or lower filter. If you get filter there then you have to delete that and after deleting that restart the computer and then problem will get solved.

Well after trying above solution also CD/DVD ROM does not work then there might be problem with the CD/ DVD Rom and I will suggest you to contact HP support and after that they will give solution regarding this and then your problem will get solved.

Thank you for helping me. I have open registry editor and deleted the filters from there and after deleting the filters I have restarted the computer and after restarting the computer all the things started working properly.now I am not facing any problem.