Thread: I/O device is not working properly with external hard drive

I/O device is not working properly with external hard drive

Hi friends I have Toshiba satellite and an external Seagate 1TB external HD. So recently I was trying to make the connectivity for this laptop ad this external drive but however I fail to do this connection. I have noticed that the I/O device is not working properly with external hard drive. Why this issue occurs I don’t know I have tried several thing to overcome this situation but however I fail to do this. If you guys have any of the suggestion or ideas for this then please let me know. Any of the reply will be appreciated.

Re: I/O device is not working properly with external hard drive

According to my information you must try to make the use of Tuneup utilities for performing the chkdsk of your external hard drive. And make the verification that the external hard drive don’t have to show don’t have any bad clusters. If it has then you have to fix it. And also make sure that the Harddisk have to be shows up in "computer" so that you can open the folders. And the main thing that you have to verify is whether the connection between the devices is proper or not. Make this verification and then try to make the connection.

You can make the use of the CMD window, so using the CMD window you just have to type chkdsk /r which will shows lists which are "unreadable". This is one of the ways to know about the unreadable file present in the external storage. And for the I/O working issue may be the connection is not proper.

According to my information may be the Free agent's power supply is not properly working, that means to say may be there are the chances that Free agent's power supply has probably failed. So make the verification and then try to make the connection if it is working properly and if it is fail to work then replace it with the new power supply.

This is not that much of big issue you can visit the nearby local computer shop or you can go to seagate retailers and fix this issue. However this is mostly happen when there the connection between the System and the external hard drive is not proper. Or the USB that you are trying to fixed May not working properly. So finally I just want to suggest you that you can go to any of the reputed computer repair shop and fixed this issue.