Thread: 5.1 PC speaker HDMI connection with xbox 360

5.1 PC speaker HDMI connection with xbox 360

I am having the 5.1 Logitech speakers and I want to connect that with the xbox 360 that I bought newly. I am new to 360 and don’t really know that how can I do this but I really want to play that with the xbox and so I am placing this question here. If anyone of you have tried it before or have sonme knowledge that how this can be done then please let me know about this. I am eagerly waiting for the replies from you people. Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: 5.1 PC speaker HDMI connection with xbox 360

Yes, this is possible but you have not give n us the complete information about this. If you want us to give you perfect answer for this then it will be better that you provide us some more information that which LCD TV are you using and it uses which kind of the input like HDMI, DVI, VGA. Please reply with this information in your next post to have better solution for this.

It will be better for you to know that it completely depend on the Auxiliary inputs that you are having for the speakers. As far as I know that the TosLink cable is the most simple cable which can be used with the Xbox for the auxiliary. Other than this, there can be one more reason for this and that the speakers which you are using is not having the digital audio and if this is true then you will not be able to connect this.

If you want to do that then you must have the Y cable and the Xbox 360 dongle. I can see that there are many of the people on some other sites where they have mentioned that you will need to have the coupler but I would like to tell you that there is no need to have the coupler for this.Once you have both of this then you can connect RCA ends through the dongle and that get connected to the Xbox 360. Once you are done with this connection then you will be able to get the stereo sound as of that. I know that this will work for you as I have tried this earlier. I hope that it will do the same for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameli View Post
    If you want to do that then you must have the Y cable and the Xbox 360 dongle. I can see that there are many of the people on some other sites where they have mentioned that you will need to have the coupler but I would like to tell you that there is no need to have the coupler for this.Once you have both of this then you can connect RCA ends through the dongle and that get connected to the Xbox 360. Once you are done with this connection then you will be able to get the stereo sound as of that. I know that this will work for you as I have tried this earlier. I hope that it will do the same for you.
    Thank you so much for your replies. This worked for me and I am very happy with that. thank you all again.