Thread: Unable to configure usb drive in Xbox 360.

Arrow Unable to configure usb drive in Xbox 360.

I am using Xbox 360 from several months before two days my hard drive is corrupted so I bought usb flash drive of 8 GB and configured it on my Xbox 360. It give me good performance, it worked fine. Then I copy data from the hard drive and paste it on the usb drive and used this usb drive for three days. After that I was watching videos next day I went to turn it on then it was showing that usb drive is nit configured. My all games and other important data are stored in it. Please tell me an application to retrieve my data back and paste on my computer. Then I connect it to my computer and use pc inspector to explore data. Pc inspector shows four files one of them is temp.tmp and second is xbox 360 file. The folder property shows four files but xbox 360 shows only three files. Xbox 360is unable to access that one file, due to usb drive is unable to configure itself. Please help me to solve this problem.

ThumbsUp Re: Unable to configure usb drive in Xbox 360.

I suggest you to use Party Buffalo Drive Explorer. This application is useful for Xbox 360 formatted FAT-X usb drive, dumps or stics of usb drive. You can download this software from internet. This is very good software I am also using this software. It works fine for me.

idea Re: Unable to configure usb drive in Xbox 360.

Xtaf Explorer is also good application for retrieving data from the use drive. Download this software and install it. Before installing this application, Install Microsoft .NET Framework on your computer this will help Xtaf explorer to run the application.

Re: Unable to configure usb drive in Xbox 360.

The format of xbox 360 is FAT32. So do not remove use drive until it is safe to remove the usb drive. Do not remove usb drive while it is being used by any program. Do not remove usb drive when the data is being access by the computer, while saving the game and during read/write of usb drive. When you have to remove the usb drives then click eject/remove hardware them if your computer allows you to remove usb drive then only remove the use drive.

I am also using xbox 360. I play games daily night on xbox 360. Several times I fall asleep without shut down it. Then my xbox 360 shuts down automatically after specific time. My xbox 360 auto shut down several time because of my sleep. Do you think it is safe? Can auto shut down lead to un-configuration? Advice would be very welcome please.

Auto shut down is one of the good feature of xbox 360. This feature is for safty purpose. It saves the energy. And avoid system from overheating. I think this is good feature for those them how are forgot to shut down there xbox 360. I don’t think auto shut down lead to un-configuration.