Thread: Samsung capacitor not working in Samsung LN-S4052D

Samsung capacitor not working in Samsung LN-S4052D

I have been using a Samsung TV and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and the tv was not turning on but then later I found that I was having the common capacitor problem and as I was running out of warranty. I had opened it up and tried to replace with the two 35v 2200uF but then they were surprisingly too big for board so now I am willing to get 16v but then I am not able to find it out in any local electronics store where I stay, so I just wanted to know that where can I get it as I stay in south Florida area, any help for the same will be appreciated.

Re: Samsung capacitor not working in Samsung LN-S4052D

I have been using a Samsung TV and it was working fine by now but then I don’t know what went wrong with it suddenly and the tv was not turning on but then later I found that I was having the common capacitor problem and as I was running out of warranty. I had opened it up and tried to replace with the two 35v 2200uF but then they were surprisingly too big for board so now I am willing to get 16v but then I am not able to find it out in any local electronics store where I stay, so I just wanted to know that where can I get it as I stay in south Florida area, any help for the same will be appreciated.
    I will suggest you to get the same from the Digikey site, I had bought the same last week so if you want then you can check out for the same, I don’t remember the exact section now, so you will have to dig it out, Just see if you are able to get it or not. Best of luck.

I finally found it out and I have ordered the same as well now I will be waiting for it to arrive and then carry out my further work with the Samsung TV, I don’t know that why the Samsung support is not looking after this issue as it has been very common now, I think that this is basically because of the low quality of the capacitor that they are using, I have found a no of people facing the capacitor problem now a days with the Samsung TV’s but they does not seems to be working it out.

I finally found it out and I have ordered the same as well now I will be waiting for it to arrive and then carry out my further work with the Samsung TV, I don’t know that why the Samsung support is not looking after this issue as it has been very common now, I think that this is basically because of the low quality of the capacitor that they are using, I have found a no of people facing the capacitor problem now a days with the Samsung TV’s but they does not seems to be working it out.
    I will like to inform you that the Samsung has started to provide one time fix to their faulty capacitor to their customers, so I will suggest you to talk to their support for the same and see what they have to say about it in your case. I was having the same problem and even my warranty has expired but then I contacted then and addressed them the issue and they had sent me a service tech out and he has replaced the capacitor and everything is working fine now, I think that calling them will be a better idea rather than trying out to make the changes yourself.

Even I am facing the similar problem with the Samsung Plasma model PN50A450P1D and in my case it is just not turning on at all, it appears as if it is dead, even I was willing to repair it myself and I have bought the capacitors from the radio shack as well but now when I opened it up then it does not appear as if there is anything wrong with the capacitors and they are appearing just fine, I mean there is no buldge at all, so now I am not very sure that there is something wrong with the capacitor but then I just wanted to know that if the capacitors are working fine then what else can be wrong?? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

If you are not quite sure about what exactly is the issue then don’t mess with the TV, there are chances where you might result in to some other problem,I think that if there might have been something wrong with the capacitor then it would have buldge out slightly but then if you are very sure that it is not appearing like it then there is surely something else that is wrong, I will suggest you to contact the tech support and address them your problem and they will help you out. Best of luck.

Yes even I am thinking the same now, I am under the warranty period so I will be contacting them, I just wanted to clear out that what exactly is the issue in my case because the capacitor is appearing fine, lest see what they will do with the TV, Thanks for your suggestion.