Thread: Will all External USB HDD be compatible with the Samsung TV

Will all External USB HDD be compatible with the Samsung TV

As I’m thinking of buying the Samsung Smart TV but want to know one thing which is that will all the USB external HDD be compatible with the Samsung TV. As what I have read in some of the sites is that some of the external USB are not be compatible with the all the television. So want to know that will all the external HDD be compatible with the Samsung TV or not as I’m going to buy one for myself.

Re: Will all External USB HDD be compatible with the Samsung TV

For this first thing I would say is that I don’t think so what you have read is true, as the USB external HDD are mostly compatible with all the TV. And secondly you have not mention which Samsung TV you are looking for, as knowing would let me get idea about is the TV compatible with USB drive, as not in all TV does the USB drive is available.

For this first thing I would say is that I don’t think so what you have read is true, as the USB external HDD are mostly compatible with all the TV. And secondly you have not mention which Samsung TV you are looking for, as knowing would let me get idea about is the TV compatible with USB drive, as not in all TV does the USB drive is available.
    Actually I’m thinking of buying the Samsung LE40C750 Samsung 3D TV, as due to the Christmas I am getting good offers on this TV, but my main concern is that I want to know will any of the external HDD be compatible with the this TV or not.

As I’m using the Samsung TV and have many times connected my WD 2TB external HDD and is working fine and does not have any issue of not working with the TV.

According to me now a days external HDD are made in such a way that it is compatible in mostly all the devices. As for this I have tested with the different external HDD on different TV.

So for this I found out that it is compatible with most of the devices and easily works with the JPG,AVI,MP3,MKV formats. I don’t have much idea about other formats but sure about this formats working fine.

I would like to know as you have said that mostly all the external HDD are compatible with the TV but want to know will any flash drive work in the TV. As I have recently tried one with the Samsung TV and did not work on it. So want to know about the flash drive does any of the flash drive work on the Samsung TV or not.

I’m not sure about the flash drive but as far as I have tried with mine it is working fine and so I assume that even yours should work fine. Have you tried connecting with any other flash drive as doing this will let you know whether the flash drive works on your TV or not.