Thread: The code D--- glitch in Sony RDR-HXD870

The code D--- glitch in Sony RDR-HXD870

i am getting some problem with Sony RDR-HXD870 Video Recorder. The code D--- giving me problem, i can't watch any TV when The code D--- is on the display. as i go through the manual i get that this is the parental lock. i try to reset the password, but the problem here is, when i enter the password to "D---", the password is actually of 4 digit but i can only able to enter 3 digit of password. i try to search this on manual but there no information about this in manual, i also tries to resetting the machine. so anyone have any idea how can i solve this issue? this is really annoying now.

Re: The code D--- glitch in Sony RDR-HXD870

i think this is not problem with you parantal lock ans all, its simply the problem is with the firmware. just upload latest firmware, for this just go through the sony site put your model and get the latest supported firmware for your product.

i have just update the latest firmware after seeing your post and this is really helpful. this solve my problem and hopefully work to other people to there problem. and ya but its not worth for the mac users to drag the file icon into the blank disc window to burn the disc and using the Disk Utilities.

You are lucky here that you get quick solution for this. i was affected with this problem before few years and that time i dont have any solution. i get solution for my problem after 2 months. but now its works good for me without any problem. sometimes its giving problem, its stuck for some time by giving indication of update in the display, and to solve this you have to go through the reset process to fix this. overall this is best working for me now a days.

i have the same problem here. and for this i have contacted the sony and they send me disc with the firmware on it. i go through the information provided up to the point where the software is loaded. its immediately missed the channel the time you turn it off. so if you want to use or record anything, first you have to retune it each time.

just try to check whether you have updated with new version 1.70 after that create your own cd by downloading the firmware from the sony by choosing your device. after updating to 1.70 version, you are now ready to reset your machine and after that its works ok.

this is what i am getting problem. i have download the 1.70 version firmware but my machine not loading this version anyhow. i put the cd with 1.70 in tray and than press REC-STOP and PLAY as instructed, than tray closes automatically, load appears, than disappears by leaving the D--- . after that i try to reset the factory settings as i have read somewhere.