Thread: Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD making High Pitch noise

Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD making High Pitch noise

I have recently bought the new Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD and I was hoping that it will be very silent. I found that this is a bit quite but during the night use it creates more noise and this also when I am doing nothing with my computer. I can clearly get the sound of squealing drive. This is really the ultra high pitch noise. I cannot describe this better in world. So can you please tell me that what is the problem with that and how can I get this issue solved. If you have any suggestion that could help me then please post that over here. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD making High Pitch noise

As we know that there is no coil inside the SSD and so that cannot create sound from it. I am sure that sound is coming from some other hardware of the laptop. I am not sure that what is the exact problem but this is nothing related to the SSD.

In principle it should not make any noise because it has no mechanical parts and so it seems weird. The only thing I can think of is that the disk when idle is turned off by the power options and if you try to open any folder then the disk turns on and that makes those noises.

As far as I know that the SSD does not make noise but if you are getting some noise from the system then that does not mean that the noise if coming from the SSD. There are more possibility that the noise is coming from the speakers. If you want to check that then just put this muted for some time and see if you are getting those noise again or not. I don’t thing that you will get that noise again if this is because of the speakers. I know that this is not the solution for this but by this way you will be able ;to get the reason for this issue and it will be easier for you to find the solution

I have hardly heard that SSD is making any if much noise. There might be some problem with the system that you are using. So check for that or take this to some hardware shop and ask them to solve the issue. They will get the issue solved for you.

This might be because of some lose connection in your computer and so you are getting those noises. So my suggestion to you is to check for all the connections properly and if you are having doubt with any of the connection then simply disconnect and reconnect that again. This will solve the problem for you.