Thread: Unable to move mouse pointer of Logitech Mouse M510

Unable to move mouse pointer of Logitech Mouse M510

Recently I have purchased Logitech M510 mouse. After using couple of days I figured out that mouse pointer not moving at all. Can you tell me why exactly above mentioned issue is happening? Do you aware of any remedy about the same? any help to resolve the matter will be highly appreciated.

Re: Unable to move mouse pointer of Logitech Mouse M510

Very basic thing I wanted to comment over here. there could be debris gathered at the laser lens so now you will think what to do? well you should use the dry cotton swab to get rid of that debris.

mayur Guest

If you are having windows based operating system then you can try following steps.
    • You have to click on Start menu and go for Control Panel and type mouse into the Search Box.
    • Now click on Mouse and click on the Pointer and make the settings according to requirement of yours.

In most of the situation USB receiver detected correctly but you will need to resync the receiver to mouse. Also to do the below mentioned thing you should have SetPoint and Logitech Connect utility on your system.

If you are still getting the issue then you should remove the batteries from the mouse. After that you should hold the left mouse button when clicking the right mouse button for 5 times. Once you have done the above mentioned thing your mouse will reinitialize. Well the above mentioned thing worked for me so try it.

After going through the issue I want to know whether you have moved USB receiver to different port? In case you are utilizing external USB hub, if so, you should disable the same. also for the sake of try you should use the mouse on the plain paper and tell me what results do you getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hymavath View Post
    After going through the issue I want to know whether you have moved USB receiver to different port? In case you are utilizing external USB hub then you should disable the same. also for the sake of try you should use the mouse on the plain paper and tell me what results do you getting.
    Viola!!!! Finally thing started to worked for me. I followed your advice and done the following things.
    Turned off the wacom tablet and WiFi adapter.
    After that I attached the receiver on the external USB cable and it was quite close to mouse.
    Hey thanks a lot for the helping me out!!!!!!!!

I tried with all the stuff posted over here but still I am looking to break the thing for me. I am getting frustrated with the above mentioned issue, hoping other users provide some additional suggestion to me apart from above.

The battery could be the root cause of the issue. you should get battery from your friend and install it on your mouse. If you have cracked the issue then you will need to get another battery.
    Also see that you have installed the latest version of the drivers on the system. finale comment if still the issue seems to persist contact the technical support team to get the further help.