Thread: Unable to install USB unifying Receiver on windows 7 64 bit

Unable to install USB unifying Receiver on windows 7 64 bit

Yesterday I purchased Logitech Performance Mouse MX. I connected with Unifying Receiver on the Windows 7 x64. The system is prompting with an error message saying ‘USB Receiver: No driver found’. Operating system is not able to find out any drivers. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to install USB unifying Receiver on windows 7 64 bit

I was also suffering from the same issue but managed to fix by performing following steps and you can give try as well. Lets hope it will be useful to you.
    • You have to go for following location C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\usb.inf_amd64_neutral_e2b28ecac19a29af'.
    • Now copy usb.inf and usb.PNF to the ‘C:\Windows\INF\’ location.
    • After that you will need to update the drive which is as a unknown devices.
    • Now launch the Device Manager and Right click on it and go for Properties.
    • Choose Driver and click on the Update Drive.
    • Once done select Browse my computer for driver software and enter 'C:\Windows\INF\' into the Search for the driver software and click on Next.

According to me the solution which is mentioned in the previous post is working in the most of the situation. I will let you know as I come up with any other solution for the above mentioned problem.

Daybert, Thank you! That was my fix. Only diff was the folder had a slightly different guid on the end, but I found the two files and put them in the INF and updated driver and it fix me right up. Thanks again...how did you figure that out?