Thread: Logitech Performance Mouse MX cursor is drifting from top to bottom

Logitech Performance Mouse MX cursor is drifting from top to bottom

I have recently purchased the Logitech Performance MX and I am facing the problems related to the cursor since past two weeks. Last week when I was working on some document file suddenly the cursor of the mouse was moving from top to bottom. I don’t know why but this is really annoying me…..I use the mouse on the normal mouse-pad and then too i am facing the problem… I have not installed any software which changes the cursor position. Neither I haven't played with the settings of the mouse. I have even plugged the receiver and attached to other port of the USB on my PC, but the problem is still not solved…

On the other side trying to use the mouse on the glass surface enables the mouse to work smoothly but again the scroll problem arises. Does anyone here knows what to do in order to remove this problem of cursor? Sorry for the lengthy explanation....Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated…..

Re: Logitech Performance Mouse MX cursor is drifting from top to bottom

May be you have installed the mouse in a wrong way
    Just check whether you have installed the mouse correctly. Follow these:-

• Does the battery of the mosue is utilizing its full capacity.

• First download and install the setpoint 6 and make sure that the USB receiver is plugged in while the intsallation starts.

• Check whether the program requires 32-Bit or a 64-Bit software.

When I purchased this Logitech Performance MX then I first accessed to the Logitech site and downloaded the latest setpoint for my Windows 7. But I have not plugged the USB receiver during the installation of the software ….
    I also have replaced the battery with a new one but this also didn’t help… The CD which I got with the Logitech Performance MX, I have installed that too but then the results too are negative…
    Really disappointing.. Isn’t there some other solution that I can solve this cursor issue???

After downloading the setpoint 6 and while the installation you should check that receiver is plugged in before the installation process starts because the receiver will fail to install any drivers if it is not plugged in before the installation.
    USB receicver plugged in should be a prior check before installation….

Same is the problem with me guys. I have not plugged in the USB receiver during the installation process. But when I checked my device manager then it was showing that the drivers are installed. Then how come that you are saying that the drivers will fail to install when you don’t plug in the USB receiver. Can anyone suggest proper solution??

As far as my knowledge is concerned I would tell you that when you install without the receiver plugged in then the computer installs the generic mouse drivers of Your Operating system. But it fails to install the Logitech Performance MX drivers. And the reason for the cursor to be in up and down position would be this only that the drivers are not installed properly.

sad Re: Logitech Performance Mouse MX cursor is drifting from top to bottom

I have tried installing the setpoint 6 with the USB receiver plugged in prior to the installation process. But the problem still persists. I don’t know why but this is cursor problem is making me really angry as the cursor is always moving top to bottom….Can anyone help?

smile Re: Logitech Performance Mouse MX cursor is drifting from top to bottom

There can also be a battery problem in your Logitech Performance MX. Sometimes, due to the battery problem the cursor position goes to up and down.
    Try to replace the battery and see whether you get the results or not.. Hope this helps you…..