Thread: Logitech mouse MX518 turns off and on randomly with windows 7

2 month ago I bought new Logitech mouse MX518 at it was working fine until I switched to windows 7. Now the mouse turn off and on randomly and this is my second MX518 and having same problem. Everything working properly except my mouse. while working on the system i have found that mine mouse turn off randomly. Recently i have updated mine system and after that i have started facing this issue, now i don't how to get rid this issue, can anyone suggest on this issue and so that i can solve mine issue.

Re: Logitech MX518 Mouse turn off randomly in windows 7

i think there might be some loose connection on your system and so therefore your getting the issue. so i would like to suggest you to try to use another port on your system. may be your port not working properly and due to this your getting this issue.

looking at your issue i think you have issue with the driver, make sure your USB controller driver are latest one. go to the device manger and is you find any red mark color on the USB controller driver then you should update your driver to solve this issue. is your not able to solve this issue after that updating the driver and then i would like to suggest you to reinstall the USB controller driver.

If above all solution not working to solve the issue and then i would like to suggest you to make system restore before updating your system. to run the system restore you need to go through the below steps: first make click on the start icon and after that make click on the all programs. now on the all program go to the accessories and under that make click on the system tools. now on the system tools make click on the system restore. on the system restore application make click on the different restore point and after that click on the next button. now here enter the date before facing this issue and after that run the system restore.

re: Logitech mouse MX518 turns off and on randomly with windows 7

Delete previous mouse driver and install drivers of MX518 of windows 7. I had same problem and fixed by reinstalling drivers. And download drivers from Logitech official web site.

Yap, even I have the same problem my mouse turn off and on randomly and when it is turned off or on the window play the tune like I am plugging and unplugging it. It’s really very irritating sometimes the tune continuously play for more than a minute. In this case i have to plug in again. This happens when I do some work using mouse. And this plugs and unplug happen in every2 n minutes for about more than 10 second so it’s very frustrating to work.

Tried doing drivers reinstallation from Logitech official but the problem continues. Guys please help me out with some other solution this is my second MX518 and don’t want to buy new one again.

Check whether the mouse works in other computer, also check by connecting to different USB port or see whether any other mouse works properly in your system if it works then the problem is not with mouse the problem I with your system and last option is try to do windows repair guess there must be any window problem because the problem start after switching windows.

I am a big fan of Logitech MX518 I bought it 5 years ago and purchased it 2 times for myself and MX518 is legend love to play game with it. I never had any problem with this mouse.

Had same problem last month and when I tried to complain to costumer care they start giving me silly suggestion that check human interface device service. if human interface device service won’t be working then running then my mouse won’t be able to move at all and the mouse would be turned off. And Check in mouse in different computer dint expects this from Logitech.

Had same problem send it for replacement and they give me new MX518. This one is working properly hopes it won’t stop working again. I also bought another substitute mouse of different company.

The problem must because of power setting of windows. the windows cut off the USB connect to save power after a while. If this is the problem it’s very simple you just have change the setting in control panel. Here are the following steps:
    Go to Control panel
    Select Power option
    Then change plan settings
    Then go to advance power option
    USB settings is disable turn it into suspending
    And if the M1100 works fine then the problem is with your mouse.

My problem of mouse got solved after doing windows repair. Now my mouse won’t get disconnected any more guys’ thanks for providing solution now I can play game and work without any problem.

if above all solution not working to solve the issue and then i would like to suggest you to make contact with the Logitech support and after that go through your issue. even i have gone through this issue and after that i have contacted with the Logitech support and they have solved mine issue.