Thread: ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard is not working well with Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert

ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard is not working well with Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert

I am having a Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert and a Leadtek tv Tuner and I have recently mounted ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard and the problem that I am facing with the now is that I am only getting the “Master Volume” option when I go in to the tuner's settings for Audio Out control. I have found that when I am playing music in Winamp or when I play a game as well and when I just mute the tuner then total sound is getting mute. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard is not working well with Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert

I am having a Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert and a Leadtek tv Tuner and I have recently mounted ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard and the problem that I am facing with the now is that I am only getting the “Master Volume” option when I go in to the tuner's settings for Audio Out control. I have found that when I am playing music in Winamp or when I play a game as well and when I just mute the tuner then total sound is getting mute. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    I am not very sure but then I think that there is something wrong with the tuner's drivers so just try to uninstall it and then reinstall it again and if it is possible then just get the latest driver for the same and then check if the problem is solved or not, if not then let me know u will try to help you with other solution. Best of luck.

Re: ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard is not working well with Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP Expert

I don’t think that there is any kind of problem with the tuner's drivers because I have checked it out and it was working perfectly with my onboard Realtek on Asus p6x58d premium sound. Other than this I have also checked it on other computers as well using different audio chipsets and it was working fine. I have also tried out uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again but then I am getting the same response, is there any other solution that I can try out to fix this issue?? Any further help regarding this will be appreciated.

Ok, I just wanted to know that which drivers you have tried installing to solve the issue, and what other solution you have already tried out so I don’t suggest you the same as a workaround for it. Just let me know all what you have done so far for further help.

By now I have tried out the following:
    • I have tried out installing the latest driver that is Asus (Version 7.12.8.1794) and have Also tried out the Version 7.12.8.1777.
    • I have tried out combination of default device in windows playback/recording and I have also tried out all almost all the combinations of Analog Audio device & Recording Devices by going in to the tv tuner's settings.
    • I have also tried out combinations of sampling rate and bit depth by going in to the Xonar settings and the windows as well.

Even after trying all this I am not able to fix out the issue. Is there any other thing that I can try out??

I am having the same problem, I mean that after mounting the ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard the only option that I am getting is “Master Volume” in the tuner's settings, whereas before mounting it I was getting the following option:
    • Aux
    • Cd player
    • Mic
    • Line in
    • Master

I don’t know what is the cause of it and even I have been trying out different solutions by now and I have also tried the above mentioned solution but then it is just not making any difference, any help will be appreciated.

You can just try out lowering the volume of the tv tuner by going on to the setting of the windows volume mixer, just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference?

I have tried that as well but then it is not making any difference, I am still left with the only option that is “Master Volume”:

I think that I can help you out here, even I was facing the same problem but then I have finally got the trick to get it work, What all you have to do is just enter the Configuration/Device Settings/Recording Devices ad after that just select the “Stereo Mix” rather than just selecting the “normal Aux”. I think that this is the vest temporary solution that can help for now until the asus developers comes up with a fix for the same as a no of people have addressed the same issue to them. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.

I think that I can help you out here, even I was facing the same problem but then I have finally got the trick to get it work, What all you have to do is just enter the Configuration/Device Settings/Recording Devices ad after that just select the “Stereo Mix” rather than just selecting the “normal Aux”. I think that this is the vest temporary solution that can help for now until the asus developers comes up with a fix for the same as a no of people have addressed the same issue to them. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.
    Hey thanks for that solution, even though it is not a perfect solution but then I think that it is avoiding the issue, I have been looking after a no of solution but then only your solution has been effective, anyways I am happy that I have finally solved it out somehow with your help, Thanks to you once again, I really appreciate your help.

Hey it worked out for me as well, even I am thankful to you and I am not very sure but then I think that your solution is the actual fix for this issue. Thanks a lot.