Thread: Screeching sound on ASUS Xonar DG after Microphone stopped working

Screeching sound on ASUS Xonar DG after Microphone stopped working

I used this ASUS Xonar DG sound card on my laptop system. Now i continously get the Screeching sound. When i try to simply use this sound card for watching the online videos, i found that the microphone not working with this sound card. I need some useful tips for connecting microphone to this sound card and makes good quality based sound. Can anyone describe more things abotu this sound card? so that i applied this information to fix sound issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Screeching sound on ASUS Xonar DG after Microphone stopped working

In this case, simply you need to perform sound driver update process on it. it definately makes impact on your system. In windows XP, you can found this sound driver option in device manager. USe right click on the My Computer and selecting the manage option. This will show you the number of sound driver presents on your system. Then use online driver update process and perform this task for fixing sound issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Woodley View Post
    In this case, simply you need to perform sound driver update process on it. it definately makes impact on your system. In windows XP, you can found this sound driver option in device manager. USe right click on the My Computer and selecting the manage option. This will show you the number of sound driver presents on your system. Then use online driver update process and perform this task for fixing sound issue.
    You can also check that the sound card audio chip driver is being present on it or not. If there is no such audio chip driver present, you need to install such latest driver on it. Use either online help of can be sound card CD provide you this driver. I am sure at the time of purchasing this sound card, you get such sound driver CD. Use it and apply on your sound card. This is well for you to fix your complex issue.

try to connect the same microphone that faced for connectivity to the other laptop device. This is well for you to perform microphone connectivity on other system. if it connect well with the other system, then problem is in the computer system and not the microphone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameli View Post
    try to connect the same microphone that faced for connectivity to the other laptop device. This is well for you to perform microphone connectivity on other system. if it connect well with the other system, then problem is in the computer system and not the microphone.
    You can also try to reinsert the sound card that you used here. Just try to reinsert it using the process presents on user guide manual of the sound card. Try this and check its result. This is well for you to fix your sound card problem. Try it and check its details. I use same solutions and got the valuable result on my system. May be you also found similar result on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JErastus View Post
    You can also try to reinsert the sound card that you used here. Just try to reinsert it using the process presents on user guide manual of the sound card. Try this and check its result. This is well for you to fix your sound card problem. Try it and check its details. I use same solutions and got the valuable result on my system. May be you also found similar result on it.
    you need to simply change the microphone on your sound card. Try this and check sound that comes with the microphone. This will be notify you that the problem is in either sound crad or in the microphone. Microphone is in plug and play device. So, you can simply do this reconnection task on this system. Try it and check output of another microphone on same card.

Quote Originally Posted by fflygirl View Post
    you need to simply change the microphone on your sound card. Try this and check sound that comes with the microphone. This will be notify you that the problem is in either sound crad or in the microphone. Microphone is in plug and play device. So, you can simply do this reconnection task on this system. Try it and check output of another microphone on same card.
    Yes, we all know that this microphone is in plug and play device. So, i would be say that you can change this port with the other. as per my knolwedge this card might be contains another port. So, try with this port. This well for you. If there is no second port on this sound card, you need to either chaneg this port of the sound card, or repaire this sound card. This will be work to fix your sound problem.