Thread: Is it possible to replace the DVD with HDD on Sony Vaio VPC Z11?

Is it possible to replace the DVD with HDD on Sony Vaio VPC Z11?

Is this possible I once saw this on the website but I don’t remembered but there was mention the technique how to do this so I am pretty sure that we can use the traditional 2.5" HDD on the new Sony Vaio VPC Z11 ? laptops in place of the DVD/BR drive. So can anyone here suggest me what is need to be done I have this laptop a really want to do this I would be really appreciate

Thanks

Re: Is it possible to replace the DVD with HDD on Sony Vaio VPC Z11?

Form what I know replacing DVD player nothing to do with computer hardware, such as CD / DVD drive, for example, the computer does not have. The microcontroller controls the player traffic directly, often combined with a decoder and control of focus laser. Need to work out after all IDE / SATA hard disk interface controller to which the one does not have ,Presentation Is it possible to replace the DVD with HDD on Sony Vaio VPC Z11 is likely possible, but personally I cannot suggest you to do that .

You take the body from the DVD, buy a mini computer and the HDD to it, and it's placed in a package DVD, you can use the power supply from the DVD but I think tis wil not work on the laptop the same way

Hey feel that the size of the combo dvd / cd is pretty standard, and connectivity is very similar to the conventional SATA the blow to break the DVD (or a USB if I can find, see even better, e-SATA remains to be seen for the connection So what do you think of my idea that she is too good and suddenly I'm looking for a bin to see if a box to put in place of the DVD it exists, or if I have to tinker a bit

I have replaced the dvd of Sony HX 910 with a hard drive to 250 GB. Now this CD filled with movies. They built a regular ata drive from western digital to 250GB, I bought a western digital drive to 300GB and tried to replace, but when you turn the recorder on the small screen disk error occur . When you return back to the old drive everything is fine. Is it even possible replacement operation in hdd recorder? Anyone involved in this change? I would be feeling niec

You can, but you need to enter the service menu and activate Novi HDD, I got all the 900 an also replaced the drive, but cannot find how to enter the service mode on the 910. All versions of 710 and 900 does not come. . can anyone have service manual or can it also has a service board?

Quote Originally Posted by Muthanna View Post
    Is this possible I once saw this on the website but I don’t remembered but there was mention the technique how to do this so I am pretty sure that we can use the traditional 2.5" HDD on the new Sony Vaio VPC Z11 ? laptops in place of the DVD/BR drive. So can anyone here suggest me what is need to be done I have this laptop a really want to do this I would be really appreciate

Thanks
    Yeah this is possible I am at the moment trying is get the Lenovo Ultrabay III adapter for a W510 and the The DVD drive is join through a micro-SATA connector. Now all you have to do is left of the SATA connector, you will able to see the plastic nub that locks on the on the Lenovo. I cut this nub off cleanly. Now RST able to detect the drive Windows boots, hope this will help you for what you try to

That us really nice thanks for this information ! I believe Sony's HDD adapter perhaps sold by Sony afterward on very high price hey but now can you tell me Is it likely to add the fresh SSD to the RAID set?

It has two issue one is You need to cut off the extra holes in the Ultrabay adapter to give room for the keyboard mounting screws and part leaves a rectangular hole. Not certain how to deal with it

I'm trying to find the solution to mount the adapter at the moment. I perhaps able to use once more the mounting bracket on the DVD drive. on the other hand, two pieces of double-side sticky tape may be enough.

Hey I have a question , I need to expand the storage capacity of my notebook and I knew then that there is a way to add a hard drive on DVD drive and make it direct connect do the notebook, using an adapter. Anyone know where I can buy and do they compatible with any notebook. The idea is to replace it because the DVD drive is not used too and if required I have an external drive for it. It will be the best option? Because changing the hd implies that you have to reformat and install all games and software

I have seen the article on the web asking to you remove the optical drive to put a HDD. but really don’t support that yo put another hard drive, not really. but why not use an external hard drive? now there are boxes with eSATA