Thread: iMac showing incorrect battery meter reading for Wireless keyboard and mouse

iMac showing incorrect battery meter reading for Wireless keyboard and mouse

There is some odd battery reading issue on my iMac pc was working perfectly fine earlier but now it’s showing the wrong reading this came to light when I started the machine and it indicated the low battery warning for my wireless mouse it was showing the 29 % of battery reaming and this indication is showing from some days now and it is not changing and with the keyboard it stuck on the 75% . now I know that is not truth but I ma not sure what is cause this behavior on the computer is there anyone help me to find out what exactly is wrong with this device as I am unable to track the problem I would be really very glad to know this thanks in advance

Re: iMac showing incorrect battery meter reading for Wireless keyboard and mouse

This Is actually very odd mine is showing perfectly ok. I think this might help first delete the com.apple.bluetooth.plist from the folder name com.apple then reboot the after that just rest the PRAM and the SMC this might help to rectify your problem

Re: iMac showing incorrect battery meter reading for Wireless keyboard and mouse

There are lot of Mac os x user that have noticed strange battery level readings after the 10.6.7 update released . Like you, a lot of users are saying that the Magic Mouse and wireless keyboard battery level are a large amount higher than likely to be and much high than they had been before the 10.6.7 update. I myself had seen this . It look as if to be some king of bug and perhaps be rectifies with a later update. It actually don’t see any kind of problem because of this and there is no solution to solve this issue

Can you tell me What kind of battery that is on the keyboard and the mouse ? as well as did you charge them before you noticing this reading , or do you just suppose they're charged at the time you start the computer them?

Thanks for the reply I am using regular alkaline Energizer Battery which is non rechargeable . And this is the same battery that I am using from the time that I am bought this device it has been a month’s I am using them and I am on OS X 10.6.6 version can anyone here have any solution to this I would be really glad to know this thanks

Hey even I am also facing the same problem with my mac pro I notice discrepancy. Like my new alkaline batteries which I t put in my track pad says 42 % and on my keyboard which I have been using for a month says 93% and on my magic mouse says 49% which is maybe about right for it.

Hey guys I am having a problem that I need you guys help previous to I Mac ox s upgrade 10.6.7 my Magic Mouse battery indicator use to display approximately 56% of battery level which was working perfectly ok but after the update seems fixed at 100%. I did everything to get it correct but nothing I even remove the batteries and then put them it still showing 100%. Can anyone here know how I am able to make battery indicator show correct battery option

Look like A BUG to me I mean I have the update to 10.6.7 and the battery was showing the wrong information and when I roll back to the 10.6.6 all work well so it is actually a update issue I am using the apple batteries in the mouse

Quote Originally Posted by HankH View Post
    This Is actually very odd mine is showing perfectly ok. I think this might help first delete the com.apple.bluetooth.plist from the folder name com.apple then reboot the after that just rest the PRAM and the SMC this might help to rectify your problem
    Look like I am also having the same problem as well and I'm actually very confused what exactly is the problem is there is constant wrong reading on my mouse battery level .but the solution in here help me to get rid of this problem I am really glad to know this . Thank you guys.