Thread: Will HP laptop LCD screen be compatible replacing with the older screen

Will HP laptop LCD screen be compatible replacing with the older screen

As I’m using the HP laptop and accidently got my screen damaged due to this I’m not able to use the laptop. So I ‘m thinking of getting the LCD screen replaced. So went to the nearby PC service center to get the LCD screen replaced. So what he said to me is that my HP screen is B170PW06 v2 version and it is not available now and the guy is suggesting to me to go with the B170PW03 v4 which is for the same model but the only differentiations is that the screen is one year old.

So I would like to know that replacing the screen with the older one will be compatible with the HP laptop. I want your opinions regarding this. Please help me out with this.

re: Will HP laptop LCD screen be compatible replacing with the older screen

See if you want to change the screen of your laptop then you should go for doing this, the only thing you have to see is that whether the screen is working properly or not.

I would like to know that the screen which you are talking about is having the manufacturer warranty or not. As I had the same problem with one of the laptop. What I did is that I tried with the same as you. I contacted to the local service center for the replacing of the LCD screen so he told me that he would be replacing the screen and would have no trouble so I agreed with him as I didn’t had any knowledge about the screen. So after getting replaced with the screen what I saw is that the screen was working properly, but after one month it started giving issue.

What I saw is that the screen started to get blur and after few days the screen got wholly damaged and so finally again had to replace the screen from the dell laptop service center and is working fine.

If you want to get the screen replaced then it is better you prefer your HP service center for this, as you would get LCD screen replace with the proper model and also get assurance from them regarding the screen.

if you are confused about the LCD screen will be compatible with the older version or not then I would say if the LCD screen is of same size and is coming from the manufacturer itself then there is no harm replacing with the old screen. as there are many cases of replacing the screen with the old one and is working well.

They are providing the LCD screen with the same size and also it is coming from the same manufacturer, the only problem with the LCD screen is that it is one year older. So I should I go ahead with the replacing the screen with the older one or is there any other solution I go with.

If you want to change the screen then first you should try contacting the HP support care and ask about replacing of the LCD screen if it says that the same model screen is available with them and also comes with the price you are giving to that older screen then I must say that you should try replacing the screen from the HP care as you would get warranty from them and also will have no issue for longer period of time.

Yeh.. he is saying right..as I had the screen broken in to my laptop and instead of trying to any of the local service center I tried contacting to my genuine support care and got replaced the screen only thing it cost me more but is worth doing it.

My suggestion to you is that if you are having trust on the local service center and would replaced the screen then you can go ahead and change the screen otherwise it is better you go the HP care for replacing the screen as I have seen many cases getting replaced LCD screen from the local service center and after which it gets damaged or stops working.