Thread: Apple TV not working with Harmony One universal remote

Apple TV not working with Harmony One universal remote

I’m using the apple TV at my home and recently bought the Logitech Harmony one but thing what I’m facing is that the remote is not compatible with the apple TV. So I would like to know, are you all facing the same issue or the remote is easily being paired with the apple TV.

re: Apple TV not working with Harmony One universal remote

As you are saying that you are having issues with the apple TV then I would like to know what issues you are getting while using the remote with the apple TV. If you elaborate about this issue then it would be easy for me to help you out.

The thing I’m having problem with the apple TV and the harmony one is that I’m finding difficult to pair and control the TV. So if anyone of you could help me out with this issue then would be really good for me.

Even …. I am having trouble with the apple TV pairing with the harmony universal remote as while buying the remote I was told that it supports almost all devices but I see it is having trouble with the apple itself. So what should I do now to get harmony remote paired with the apple tv.

See if you are having pairing problem with the apple TV than try the following things hope you get to this :-

• If you are having problem with the pairing then try to do unpairing with the remote and the apple TV.
    • Now what you have to do is that try to set as computer/ Media PC in apple TV
    • After doing this set the "power is always on” by going in to the settings of the apple TV.
    • Now turn OFF the front row settings in the apple TV
    • If you turn the settings to the "Watch Apple TV" you will see the apple remote button will not work with the apple TV and if you keep your settings to the apple TV then the apple remote will work with the TV.

So I think doing this will set your harmony remote work as the local remote with the apple TV.

Re: Apple TV not working with Harmony One universal remote

I tried doing with the above procedure and what I see id that first it was not able to pair with the apple tv but after trying couple of times it was able to pair and working it properly.